Which One Fits The Best ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikester

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 10, 2010
Small town NY
The first Cutlass condensor is on its way back to rockauto. Waiting for an email to get another shipping label to send the second one. I would have put them both in the same box but with my luck rockauto would say I damaged them both sending them back like that. SMH
Now that Ribbedroof told me about parallel flow condensors I guess I have to buy one of those. Never knew it made a difference.
Some guys are using Cutlass condensors, some are using Camaro. It seems both work. Same with the lines. Some of each. But this makes me ask yet another question.

Which one fits the best ? The two lines on the Cutlass condensor hit the raditor support to the point I was considering notching it so they didnt hit at all. I read the one for the Camaro puts the lines down lower. No Camaros in the local yard so I cant even pull one to play around with.
I want to buy another condensor this week. Buying local. For all you guys that have used either one, why did you pick the one you used and how does it fit ?

Reactions: 1 user

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
My Regal originally came with a 307 and I replaced everything pertaining to the AC and I wanted everything to fit correctly so that is why I bought the Cutlass condenser but it is a parallel flow and works fine.

mikester

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 10, 2010
Small town NY
My Regal originally came with a 307 and I replaced everything pertaining to the AC and I wanted everything to fit correctly so that is why I bought the Cutlass condenser but it is a parallel flow and works fine.

Does a Malibu radiator support and one from a Regal have the same shape ? Also, did you use the hard line from a Cutlass ?

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
Does a Malibu radiator support and one from a Regal have the same shape ? Also, did you use the hard line from a Cutlass ?
I don't know if there would be a difference in core supports but I did clean up and re-use the hardline originally on my Regal which would be the same as a Cutlass, it is the only part I could not find new in the aftermarket but mine was in great shape.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor