which ones better for my app ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

donnyR

Apprentice
Nov 15, 2009
Harvey IL,60426
i am about to install a electric fan on my 80 Monte and wanted to know what will be best for my app without being a overkill. I will have about 450hp on a street driven car that will only be driven in the summer on nice days. but will always be running the AC while i drive now.i have 2 fans to choose from. I have a 99 intrepid dual fan and a 94 Mark VIII fan now i like the way the intrepid fan looks in pics better the the Mark on how they fit but the Mark fan is notorius for better cooling but looks kinda cheap installed. s i am leaning more towards intrepid so will the intrepid fan keep me cool without no dout or should i just go to the Mark setup?

where do you live? if it's someplace hot and dry, i'd go with the linc fan. or if you will be doing alot of drag racing. otherwise i'd stick with the dual fans, especially if they're dual speed. this gives you a few more options on the level of cooling and the load on your alternator.

I recommend pulling a single fan setup out of a 1986-'87 LG4 (carb'd) 305 or '88-'92 TBI 305 equipped Camaro or Firebird. It's a cheap, reliable, GM part and is easy to wire into your car. There are plenty of dead cars out there to pick apart. You can run it with an aftermarket temp switch, or put it onto a toggle switch. The unit bolts directly onto your radiator support, but you'll need to make a few slight mods. I would avoid the TPI dual fan units simply because they are a bit pricey and really overkill on a carb'd car, they also draw more current, especially when they first kick on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor