Which Plug Wires and Crimper?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rktpwrd

Builder of Cool Shjt
Supporting Member
Feb 2, 2015
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
I like MSD wires myself, although I’m sure somebody will come along and say how terrible they are. I haven’t bought wire sets that aren’t cut to fit since forever, and if you buy the MSD sets, they always include a small stripper and crimper combination tool with every one.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

Supercharged111

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 25, 2019
Colorado Springs, CO
I just checked on Summit and only 2 options popped up: MSD and something else with the wrong terminals. The MSD had straight plug boots though and I need 90 degree to clear the headers. I may have to see what Advance has on the hot rod shelf too.

Rktpwrd

Builder of Cool Shjt
Supporting Member
Feb 2, 2015
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
MSD also makes a kit of just 90 degree boots if that helps.

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
Taylor is my wire of choice for all things non LS.

They take tons of heat and look good. They are easy to clean. And are reasonably priced for cut to fit sets as well - about $70-80.

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

Supercharged111

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 25, 2019
Colorado Springs, CO
I removed 454 from the filter and now I see MSD and Taylor. The Taylors don't specify whether or not they include a crimper. These guys are priced nicely.

Reactions: 1 user

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
I use an MSD crimped for the 8mm Taylor’s. Made in the US is reason enough for me, but the local speed shop carries Taylor’s in red, blue and black in 90 and 45 degree boots.

I was sold on the Made in USA rather than China or Mexico.

Resistance and dwell are not tied together directly other than lower resistance wires have less lost electrical power. Dwell will not be changed due to a lower resistance wire imo.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor