Which Pypes kit should I go with?

Status
Not open for further replies.

82GrandPrix

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 22, 2019
Thunder Bay, Ontario
Ok, I'm kinda new to this exhaust thing so please excuse my ignorance...I want to put true duals on my GP and I was looking at these two Pypes kit. One is a crossmeber-back with X pipe and one is a converter back. So, what's the difference? What's better? My car has the 4.4 305 V8 and I wanted the violator mufflers for extra volume. Thanks for the input

Attachments

• F79986896.jpg
    F79986896.jpg
    15.7 KB · Views: 182
  • F79986961.jpg
    F79986961.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 186

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
Simple, if you plan to retain the stock Y & cat the cat back is what is needed (helps with emission laws on going true duals.) Want headers or just true dual the X member back set is what you want (& can still make the man happy with dual cats too if you really need to.) But one tip from my experiance is avoid their 2.5" strait rear exit pipes as they have incorrectly bent passenger side tail's. I have had four of them & none fit. Pypes ackowlaged it but did nothing to fix.

Reactions: 1 users

82GrandPrix

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 22, 2019
Thunder Bay, Ontario
Simple, if you plan to retain the stock Y & cat the cat back is what is needed (helps with emission laws on going true duals.) Want headers or just true dual the X member back set is what you want (& can still make the man happy with dual cats too if you really need to.) But one tip from my experiance is avoid their 2.5" strait rear exit pipes as they have incorrectly bent passenger side tail's. I have had four of them & none fit. Pypes ackowlaged it but did nothing to fix.
That helps, thanks. I'll probably just stick with the converter back system with the side exits.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor