Which rear arms

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dennyboy

Master Mechanic
Jun 26, 2011
Minnesota
Trying to decide which rear control arm set up i need. My cutlass will be mostly a drag car and a weekend driver. She has 550 horse 455 in it. I run 275 et streets but have a hard time hooking well. I am going to change shock set up and want to change rear suspension up.

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
There are plenty of good brands out there for rear control arms, for my Regal I have UMI rear control arms.
I would say for a street/ strip car I would want the uppers with the Roto-Joint and also for them to be adjustable so you can set your pinion angle.

Clone TIE Pilot

Comic Book Super Hero
Aug 14, 2011
Galaxy far far away
For any kind of street driving you want roto joints to prevent binding. With that much power you better reinforce the rear control arm frame mounts with weld in gussets.

Dennyboy

Master Mechanic
Jun 26, 2011
Minnesota
I have the weld in gussets would i benefit to having adjustable lowers? Or what qould the benefit be.

Garrett1982

G-Body Guru
May 18, 2014
Uniontown, Pa
I have the weld in gussets would i benefit to having adjustable lowers? Or what qould the benefit be.
I would just go with the adjustable uppers and fixed lowers. That would help set your pinion angle. If you had multiple mounting points on your housing for the lowers, then I would get the adjustable lowers to adjust the instant center. Without those multiple mount positions they wouldn't be of much benefit.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

Dennyboy

Master Mechanic
Jun 26, 2011
Minnesota
Havnt gone to the track with the currrent set up for fear of ripping the car apart. Wanted to strengthen her up. Blew rhe money on engine and transmission last spring doing suspension this spring. Collecting parts for when she can come out of storage.

Thanks for the info guys.

One other question is the drag bar with it?

Qdub24

Royal Smart Person
Sep 6, 2006
Columbus, GA
I have UMI's "ultimate" double adjustable rear trailing arms, and just picked up their boxed lower trailing arms w/roto-joints, their shock tower brace, and anti-roll bar.

Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor