Which speedometer gear?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wageslave

Royal Smart Person
Jan 25, 2017
What size (color) speedometer gear would I need for a TH200c with a 2.41 rear gear ratio and factory tires. My speedometer is currently running 10% too fast.

UNGN

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 6, 2016
Southlake, TX
Its all about what you have now to what you will need. There are too many variables in tire height for someone to say you need X, unless they are running the same make tire and their driven gear/drive gear combo could is the same.

If you currently have 2.41 gears and the speedo is reading fast, the only gear lower is 2.29's, so your trans probably has a 2.29 drive/driven gear gear set in it.

Does it currently have a 18T driven gear?

Wageslave

Royal Smart Person
Jan 25, 2017
I am not sure yet. I will be pulling the speedo drive out this evening. I got this transmission off the shelf from a junkyard, so I am not sure what it originally came from.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor