White vacuum line on heater hose

Status
Not open for further replies.

BuWaGone

Greasemonkey
Aug 11, 2013
Oahu, Hawaii
Does anyone know what the white vacuum line that connects to the same fitting as the heater hose that goes to the intake is for? The previous owner removed the heater hoses and I was thinking of putting my mechanical water temp probe in the place of the fitting, I can take a picture later

MrHernandez

G-Body Guru
May 25, 2009
Jackson,TN
If im not mistaken that is the vacuum line that makes the dash vents blow

Champ2014

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 27, 2013
That white vacuum line actually goes to the heater control valve. It supplies the vacuum to open and close the valve to let the hot water into the heater core to cut on and off the heat.

BuWaGone

Greasemonkey
Aug 11, 2013
Oahu, Hawaii
Champ2014 said:
That white vacuum line actually goes to the heater control valve. It supplies the vacuum to open and close the valve to let the hot water into the heater core to cut on and off the heat.
Even better if that's the case. My heater hoses are removed, my previous owner, no need for heaters in Hawaii! lol. I hardly gets lower then 60 here

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor