Who carries the stock mid pipe for a 4.3 Monte Carlo LS?

tkruger

Master Mechanic
May 6, 2015
NY
1987 Monte Carlo LS v6 4.3.

I need to replace the pipe going from the cat to the muffler. No one in my area carries it or even knows what the GM part number is. Been searching the internet and keep finding them for the 5.0 but not the 4.3. Anyone know who may carry one? My cat forward is in good shape and I am not looking for any performance gains.

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
There seems to be two kinds of pipe for 87. One without mounting stud, and one with, used with 25504485 hanger. Don't ask me what is different about them. I'm not familiar with Monte stuff. Part #8 in the drawing. Look familiar maybe?

Other option is to get one bent up for you. Might cost you a buck or two, but any GOOD muffler shop can do it.

1684519006740.png

1684519174832.png

Reactions: 1 users

tkruger

Master Mechanic
May 6, 2015
NY
Called my local NAPA stores and both stated that the pipe in the links on the website would not fit the 4.3. Also they looked at Walker (they make the NAPA pipes) and they stated that the part has been discontinued for the 4.3.

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
Apparently you will need someone to bend you up a new pipe. If the pipe actually resembles that in the drawing, there's no way any pipe bender worth their salt can't make you one for a reasonable sum.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor