Who has done full floor pans?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silent viewer

Royal Smart Person
May 9, 2007
that is interesting. What sucks is a full pan seems a ton easier. I am going to have to inspect the car better and see if this can work. thanks

shoedoos

Master Mechanic
Jul 3, 2012
a full pan would require the windshield to come out (I think) so you can get in inside the car. Two individual pans are much easier to maneuver... plus all the bracing (and stress) would make the job a lot more difficult....
floorpan_passenger.jpg

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

Silent viewer

Royal Smart Person
May 9, 2007
The whole body will be off of the frame if I do this. honestly, the windshield, dash and everything is coming out. this is a full frame up, I have just been hung up on a good shell

shoedoos

Master Mechanic
Jul 3, 2012
If you look at these pics, there really only is an additional single weld down the middle to join the left and right hand pans....
RFP-78L.jpg
RFP-78R.jpg
RFP-7888.jpg

Silent viewer

Royal Smart Person
May 9, 2007
I'm noticing that the rear area is not going to cover everything rusted on the car, the pan under the back seat is all shot also...

shoedoos

Master Mechanic
Jul 3, 2012
man oh man, your thing must be rusty.......mine didn't have those issues.....I was told those additional areas on Goodmark's pans match the El Camino area behind the seating....

Silent viewer

Royal Smart Person
May 9, 2007
From looking at the pictures, the good mark is the exact gm copy so it would get up into the back seat like the stock pan. This car is weird, it has solid body mounts, rockers, passenger side quarter appears good, minor issues on the drivers quarter and solid t top for the most part. All of the big issues have to do with this floor pan. Honestly, it may be easier to cut the roof out and put it in a hard top car. I have a lead on another T car that may solve my issues. I am much more educated on floor pans after this thread though! we will see what happens, we got a bunch of snow today so I can not do anything with the car today

shoedoos

Master Mechanic
Jul 3, 2012
I can't remember where I got this pick from of the outer rocker for a G-body, but I'll put it in here for future reference......it may save somebody the grief of hunting at a later date....
sill.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor