Who has installed their Jegs stainless 2.50 header back exhaust system

Status
Not open for further replies.

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
Back when Jegs had their stainless 2.50 exhaust on sale a bunch of us bought them including me and I am wondering who now has them on a running car.
My Regal project currently has a new cat back Walker/Dynomax factory replacement 442 exhaust that is 2.25 and I am debating about cutting off the Y part and adapting it to my headers instead of installing the Jegs kit, just wondering how the Jegs kit fits and sounds.

JAMCAR223

Royal Smart Person
Jun 6, 2014
Houston, TX.
I was one of those who bought this system. Mine is still boxed up waiting to be installed when the 403 goes into the Salon. I would also be interested to hear from anyone who has installed theirs...

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
Mine is on the frame with Flowmaster down pipes. I used the Pypes mufflers (lighter than what the supplied ones.) Everything is still loose but fits fairly nice. Waiting until I'm back to work before I make the final tweeks on the hangers & down pipes.

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
?

Wraith

Royal Smart Person
Jan 13, 2013
DFW, TX
Mufflers need to be replaced if you want to sound good, too quiet, dad's has been on since last December, fitment is good enough, could tuck a little higher. We're thinking Flowmaster 40 series for some rumble.

Reactions: 1 users

1evilregal

Comic Book Super Hero
Apr 23, 2009
Greensboro, NC
I installed mine last oct... since mine didn't have their specific crossmember or headers, and it was on a GP, I had to do some mods on them... not the best fit, but not bad. like Wraith stated, they are a little too quiet, but have a decent rumble when you get on it. I'm glad I got them, but probably wouldn't buy the same set again...

Reactions: 1 users

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
Anyone with some sound clips of their Jegs exhaust? Quiet is what I am looking for but the Regal is not very loud now.

JAMCAR223

Royal Smart Person
Jun 6, 2014
Houston, TX.
Anyone with some sound clips of their Jegs exhaust? Quiet is what I am looking for but the Regal is not very loud now.
I was going to reply with the same feeling... Quiet is kinda what I'm looking for. Thanks Mr. Sony for bringing this thread back up. I had forgotten about it. Now someone please post a sound clip. Please...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor