Who makes custom wiring harnesses

Status
Not open for further replies.

81Regal

Royal Smart Person
Apr 5, 2009
Terril Iowa
I found a 2 wheel drive 4L80E and a 6.0L out of two different mid 2000's pickups and looking to put it in my 79 El camino. I have the computer avalible for the 6.0 but some of the wiring harness has been cut up, not sure what if any of the harness goes to the transfer case.
I would be sending the computer out to be reflashed but does anybody do a custom stand alone harness to make this swap work since I would keep it fuel injected.

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
I did my lt1 myself. It's not terribly hard, and this is a good reference source, unless you 'd rather spend $400+ to have someone else do it.

http://lt1swap.com/wiringharness.htm

Seems like the standalsone's I've seen run $700+ from painless and similar outfits.

Last edited:

81Regal

Royal Smart Person
Apr 5, 2009
Terril Iowa
That's a lot of good info. I don't really want to spend the money if I can do it myself. Not 100% sure but I think the wiring that is cut goes to the alt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor