Who sells PERFECT wheel opening mouldings?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doug Chahoy

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 21, 2016
I bought a complete set of Goodmark’s fat wheel opening mouldings for my Elco. They’re GARBAGE, the holes for the screws don’t line up, they don’t fit tight against the fender. At the bottom the shape is distorted. I’m not new to putting these mouldings on. I did tons of these cars in the years they were in production. Goomarks rep is destroyed as far as I’m concerned. Has anybody found some of QUALITY?

Doug Chahoy

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 21, 2016
I had the same issue with my truck. I bought some moldings on eBay and they were horrible. I complained about the quality and they returned my money and didn’t ask for the parts back LOL. Almost like they knew they were junk. Luckily I could still buy OEM parts.
There’s one OEM on eBay right now that with shipping will cost about $90.00. I’ve had these mouldings for about 3 years in a bedroom closet for safe keeping so there is no returning them.

Doug Chahoy

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 21, 2016
Doug, what style of molding are you using? Wide or skinny?

Do you have a pic?

I have some from some coupes I've parted out.
I’ve got the fat ones. With the entire car being black, they’re the only bling other than the gold aluminum wheels to have an extreme contrast.

Doug Chahoy

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 21, 2016
Following this one. I looked at some fat aftermarket moldings for my Malibu last year. Not very good.
Atleast my rears look like they’ll work after I shorten the fronts and drill new holes in the 1/4s for screws. That is unless I come up with some good ones.

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
You know Camino/wagon rears are different than coupe/sedan, right?

It's been pretty well documented over the years that the repros are junk

Doug Chahoy

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 21, 2016
You know Camino/wagon rears are different than coupe/sedan, right?

It's been pretty well documented over the years that the repros are junk
Yes, atleast I did know that wagons and Elcos have different rear mouldings. I just didn’t know how CRAPPY the repo’s are.

blk7gxn

Royal Smart Person
Feb 7, 2019
Sounds like "Goodmark" Missed the "mark" There is a lot of aftermarket CRAP out there. I just purchased a new hood liner " pre punched holes" Yeah, OK....they may be pre-punched, but not for the application advertised. It really gets old, on top of waiting forever since delivery is now slowed to a crawl, then once you get your items you waited a millennial to get, all to discover they are worthless, it get discouraging real quickly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor