Who Wants A Good Laugh

Status
Not open for further replies.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I was changing my "defective" fuel pump today and I was trying to siphon out the fuel in the tank. I ended up disconnected the line from the pump and was going to use that to pump the remaining gas in the tank into a gas can but nothing much came out of it so I dropped the tank......guess what, the tank was almost empty. I was relying on my fuel gauge which in the past was very accurate and it was still showing over 1/4 tank. I wouldn't have been too happy if I wasn't upgrading to an in tank pump which I'm doing sooner than I wanted due to the "defective" pump....talk about overthinking something...:blam:

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users

Sundancer

Greasemonkey
Nov 1, 2015
Long Island, NY
Talk about a Good Laugh: On Halloween night, the wife and I go to the mall and as I am walking past the jewelry counter in Macy's , I see the sales lady behind the counter wearing a full Nun outfit. I mean all in black with the headgear and the white neck apron. I looked at her briefly as she was selling some jewelry to a customer and said to my wife: "What the heck is going on with the Church allowing nuns to work part time"...........The Mrs. looked at me dead serious and said" Hey it's Halloween you idiot" .
I looked at her and busted out laughing to the point that I was almost bent over because I truly believed that she was a nun. I can't wait until I hit 60 in a few years, it's going to be a hell of a ride, lol!

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

1evilregal

Comic Book Super Hero
Apr 23, 2009
Greensboro, NC
I was changing my "defective" fuel pump today and I was trying to siphon out the fuel in the tank. I ended up disconnected the line from the pump and was going to use that to pump the remaining gas in the tank into a gas can but nothing much came out of it so I dropped the tank......guess what, the tank was almost empty. I was relying on my fuel gauge which in the past was very accurate and it was still showing over 1/4 tank. I wouldn't have been too happy if I wasn't upgrading to an in tank pump which I'm doing sooner than I wanted due to the "defective" pump....talk about overthinking something...:blam:
You’re not the only one to do something like that...
A lot of years ago, when I was still turning wrenches and running the shop for the owner, I had a local LEO/regular customer send his toilet bowl era camaro to me on a rollback. He let me know that the fuel pump gave out on him and to go ahead and replace it. Anyone that has done a f-body fuel pump the correct way knows how much work is involved...
After dropping the exhaust, lowering the axle somewhat, I was dropping the tank straps the tank slipped out and as it hit the axle, it let out a hollow ring....

like you implied, always check the basics...
As I’m implying; just because the customer is always right, it doesn’t mean that they’re not stupid....

Reactions: 2 users

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
you guys are being kind cause so many times I suggest to start with the basic and work up, fleming442 even suggested that the pump may not be getting fuel but I ignored that cause I "knew" it was getting fuel......:doh:

Bonnewagon

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
Well at least you didn't try to suck the gas out so you are smarter than me......:doh:

KCP

Master Mechanic
Oct 11, 2018
Bavaria, Germany
......guess what, the tank was almost empty. I was relying on my fuel gauge which in the past was very accurate and it was still showing over 1/4 tank.

Guess how I got my El Camino for dirt cheap with a non-running engine :X3:
I also got a '78 Camaro for free end of the '80s with a "non-running" engine. Filled her up and cranked her back to life.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor