Whut? Dr. Decal "stealing" my sh*t

Status
Not open for further replies.

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
Hmmm. Wouldn't think that Mark would stoop so low. Technically he isn't stealing, he's likely just using my decals as templates for his own stuff. However, I KNOW FOR A FACT he's been "borrowing" from me. Most likely from here. Not sure where, but if I were a betting man, I would put my money on this forum. I won't tell you HOW I know, only that it's dead to rights evidence that he is. He's all of a sudden come up with a bunch of G-body Cutlass/442 decals that you previously couldn't find anywhere else. Like distributor cap coil decals. Who looks for that?

Now, with that said, I was previously warned that harvesting would probably happen. He hasn't borrowed all my designs yet, at least not what I can see so far, but he might. I don't care so much that he's doing them, too, because from what I've seen, I do them better because in most cases, they're more accurate than his. Sorry, Mark. I'll use my own. Many of his offerings are too "neat" IMO. Super sharp and clear on stuff like sway bar decals, etc., with incorrect fonts. I mean way off. Not even close. Which in real life, many were ink stamped and many times look like crap. His descriptors are sometimes flat-out wrong, and applications are all over the place. Which wasn't necessarily the case on the actual applications. Some of these decals are specific to the car and sometimes one year only. He errantly groups them to spread out in a wider application range than they actually are. I just hope he's not using crappy base materials that come apart if they get wet accidently. One thing he probably WON'T do is make custom decals for people with their own engine numbers, etc.

I like Mark, and most of his stuff is pretty good, so I'm not gonna knock his stuff any more than needed, it's just that he USED to be the guy to go to for accurate decals for your Olds. I'm really not so sure anymore. At least not for some of the G-body Olds decals.

• Wow
Reactions: 5 users

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
And this is why I don't want to get into mass production of things that are easily copied (if even done poorly). Shitty people always find ways exploit and disappoint you.

Reactions: 5 users

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
Well, I wouldn't call him shitty. More sketchy than anything. It definitely proves he doesn't know all his G-body decals.

Reactions: 1 user

oldsofb

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Dec 7, 2007
Maryland
And THIS is why we can't have nice things!

I will consider it bragging rights when my car is done :rolleyes: "Nice decals.......but are they 69hurstolds decals???"

Hutch

• Winner
Reactions: 8 users

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
If I can find a foil oldsmobile 403 sticker or looks close my $$$ is there's, I've been so delicate with what's left of my OG one
???

You mean the air cleaner lid decal? I'm pretty sure they do repros already. Fusick's has 'em and that was the first place I checked? DC36F.

It's silver but the lighting where they took the picture sucked, so it sorta looks gold.

Better pic of it on their ebay ad.

Reactions: 3 users

303'505rollin

G-Body Guru
Sep 4, 2020
Colorado2newmexico
???

You mean the air cleaner lid decal? I'm pretty sure they do repros already. Fusick's has 'em and that was the first place I checked? DC36F.

It's silver but the lighting where they took the picture sucked, so it sorta looks gold.

Better pic of it on their ebay ad.
Nice thank you

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
Hmmm. Wouldn't think that Mark would stoop so low. Technically he isn't stealing, he's likely just using my decals as templates for his own stuff. However, I KNOW FOR A FACT he's been "borrowing" from me. Most likely from here. Not sure where, but if I were a betting man, I would put my money on this forum. I won't tell you HOW I know, only that it's dead to rights evidence that he is. He's all of a sudden come up with a bunch of G-body Cutlass/442 decals that you previously couldn't find anywhere else. Like distributor cap coil decals. Who looks for that?

Now, with that said, I was previously warned that harvesting would probably happen. He hasn't borrowed all my designs yet, at least not what I can see so far, but he might. I don't care so much that he's doing them, too, because from what I've seen, I do them better because in most cases, they're more accurate than his. Sorry, Mark. I'll use my own. Many of his offerings are too "neat" IMO. Super sharp and clear on stuff like sway bar decals, etc., with incorrect fonts. I mean way off. Not even close. Which in real life, many were ink stamped and many times look like crap. His descriptors are sometimes flat-out wrong, and applications are all over the place. Which wasn't necessarily the case on the actual applications. Some of these decals are specific to the car and sometimes one year only. He errantly groups them to spread out in a wider application range than they actually are. I just hope he's not using crappy base materials that come apart if they get wet accidently. One thing he probably WON'T do is make custom decals for people with their own engine numbers, etc.

I like Mark, and most of his stuff is pretty good, so I'm not gonna knock his stuff any more than needed, it's just that he USED to be the guy to go to for accurate decals for your Olds. I'm really not so sure anymore. At least not for some of the G-body Olds decals.
Reason enough for me, and hopefully others on this forum, not to be throwing any business his way.

Reactions: 1 user

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
Back in my Corvette days, there was a vendor that intentionally mislabeled the hoses for the C3 headlamp system incorrectly in the low-res pic on his website. Shortly after, every vendor was selling the incorrect version, while he was shipping the correct version. Sometimes the cheaters are easy to catch.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 9 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor