Why do people do this

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matthew Goeke

G-Body Guru
Oct 15, 2016
I woke up early and drove 30 minutes out here for this guy to come look at the car, he ended up ignoring me and not coming out, if anyone wants to buy the Regal I'm selling it for 3200 it runs and drives using front brakes only. I live in St. Louis mo

Attachments

• IMG_2935.PNG
    IMG_2935.PNG
    125.1 KB · Views: 249
  • IMG_2936.PNG
    IMG_2936.PNG
    142.7 KB · Views: 232
  • IMG_2937.PNG
    IMG_2937.PNG
    129.4 KB · Views: 223

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
in this "advanced" society a person's word holds little value for too many people.

• Agree
Reactions: 4 users

Opie Knievel

Rum Fueled Midnight Mechanic and Moderator
Sep 6, 2010
Brodhead, Kentucky
If you want my opinion.... A lot of people are no-good, useless bastards. And that's about as politely as I can put it. My actual opinion is a lot more vulgar. They don't have any respect for other people's time. As for why they do it, I have no idea. From what I've seen and read though, you can pretty much expect that kind of stuff when dealing with people on Craigslist. There's a recent thread about it on here.

https://gbodyforum.com/threads/selling-things.64425/

You're not alone in this experience.

• Agree
Reactions: 11 users

tkruger

Master Mechanic
May 6, 2015
NY
I have bought and sold a few cars with Craigslist. I actually call first and determine if the vehicle is worth looking at. I understand some sellers are clueless about cars and that is OK with me if they are honest about it. If you do not know what motor it has just say so. As long as I have the make, year and model I can have a ball park idea what the car has. The other requirement that I make is that I do not carry cash when I look at the car. I am upfront that I have it available but do not carry it. If I like the car I will get it within the hour. I do this since I do not know who I am going to see. Also some of the areas I have bought cars in are not the safest.

I also prefer not to have people come to my house to pickup small items. I try to meet in a store parking lot etc.

• Agree
Reactions: 3 users

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
You also have to be clear on what you are asking, years ago I tagged along to go look at a car with my buddy that asked the guy if it was clean and the guy told him it was very clean and when we got there it was a "very clean" freshly washed rust bucket.

Matthew Goeke

G-Body Guru
Oct 15, 2016
You also have to be clear on what you are asking, years ago I tagged along to go look at a car with my buddy that asked the guy if it was clean and the guy told him it was very clean and when we got there it was a "very clean" freshly washed rust bucket.
haha i am clear, i sent him videos of the car and he said it looks very nice, tbh the car has no rust holes the only rust is surface rust on the rear end

Reactions: 1 users

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
Today must be flakey jackass day. I just had a guy flake on buying a spare qjet I have. Was gonna use that money to go see Roger Waters in St Paul in a few weeks. :L

Opie Knievel

Rum Fueled Midnight Mechanic and Moderator
Sep 6, 2010
Brodhead, Kentucky
Today must be flakey jackass day. I just had a guy flake on buying a spare qjet I have. Was gonna use that money to go see Roger Waters in St Paul in a few weeks. :L

What are spare Q-jets going for nowadays? I finally found an older, non-electronic Quadrajet. I'm gonna give rebuilding a try.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor