Status
Not open for further replies.

oldmansmonte

G-Body Guru
Oct 29, 2010
Buffalo, NY
I was watching Regular Car Reviews 2008 Subaru vid

Really love their series of vids.

For some reason Subaru's have been bothering me for a few years and I haven't quite been able to figure it out. I finally figured out why.

Subaru's are for the car guy who quit. The guy who's fiance runs every bit of his life. The guy who's car making decision became a 5 way graph chart of needs. "I want the fastest car, that has 4 doors so my woman won't complain(and or I'm a dad), is reliable, has a high Bro-factor and has a buy or lease payment that works".

Reactions: 1 user

axisg

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 17, 2007
YYZ
meh, call me a quitter then ! 2013 Legacy 3.6r is on my short list to replace wifeys DD in the spring

Nov 4, 2012
I for one really like my Subaru. 2015 Outback- I bought it for several reasons. 1. Boxer Engines are cool as sh*t. 2. It has the best AWD system of any similar vehicle. 3. It is awesome off-road (almost 9 inches of Ground Clearance).

It's a lot more of a 'jacked-up wagon' than a crossover, and you realize that once you drive it. It reminds me a lot of the AMC Eagles. Fit and finish and materials quality is great and Subaru has come a long way in this dept. I wish there was a manual transmission option, but those are getting few and far between on anything these days. So call me what you will, but I'm standing by Subaru.

And based on your reasons-

1. The car is slow and I could care less
2. I'm single and have no kids
3. I'm an amateur mechanic/apprentice autobody worker, so reliability is a non-issue
4. I paid for the car in whole, so I didn't finance.

P.S.- All Wheel Drive drifts in the snow are a lot of fun.

IMG_0223.JPG

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: 1 users

86pontiac2+2

Greasemonkey
Jul 14, 2016
You will hate the brand even more... this sold for like 3 grand near me. Almost jumped on it just because LOL

tumblr_o45185uGry1s0vyogo1_500.jpg

lilbowtie

Comic Book Super Hero
Jan 7, 2006
Canton Mi
Subaru's are for the car guy who quit. The guy who's fiance runs every bit of his life. The guy who's car making decision became a 5 way graph chart of needs. "I want the fastest car, that has 4 doors so my woman won't complain(and or I'm a dad), is reliable, has a high Bro-factor and has a buy or lease payment that works".

I didn't know that !!

L92 OLDS

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 30, 2012
West Michigan
Really love their series of vids.

Me, not so much. I got really tired of these douche bags trying to be funny. Whoever wrote that script thinks they are a real comedian and the expression in his voice not only irritates me but makes him sound like a f*g (No, sorry this word did not go out of style in 1996 and likely never will).

As far as the Subaru, a buddy of mine has one as a company car. To me it looks mundane and has that "Ford 500 Mr. Rogers" styling but he likes driving it. When I look at the way Subaru's are put together they look fragile to me....Just my 2 cents.

Nov 4, 2012
Me, not so much. I got really tired of these douche bags trying to be funny. Whoever wrote that script thinks they are a real comedian and the expression in his voice not only irritates me but makes him sound like a f*g (No, sorry this word did not go out of style in 1996 and likely never will).

X2. I found them funny at first but they got old after about 2.5 episodes. The guy obviously feels he is very funny, and feels he has an extensive knowledge of automotive culture, and he's wrong on both accounts.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
My son had a legacy wagon, I changed the clutch without crawling under the car...:)

theoldsone

G-Body Guru
Dec 26, 2014
The steriotypical Blue subaru with gold wheels lol I actually like the STI forster thats only found in JP

• Agree

oldmansmonte

G-Body Guru
Oct 29, 2010
Buffalo, NY
I never contested the legitimacy of the quality of the vehicle. They are really nice cars. And in not taking about every Subaru. I'm taking about the WRX/STI's. It seems every owner is the same guy. White, male, 24-32 years old and uses it as his "hot rod". Drives through traffic recklessly like a total douche from moms house to the car dealership he works at. These are what the IROC was in the late 80's and early 90's except with child seats in the back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor