Why is Light blue so hard to find

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrammerGram69

Master Mechanic
Nov 15, 2019
SW, Michigan
Been looking for 78-79 Light blue interior parts for my LeMans for awhile now, but not limited to them only being from a LeMans... would prefer Pontiac only though.
(I know they are the same from 78-88) Sun Visors in Light blue with brackets, Speaker tray/package tray (2dr), That's all I can think of.

Oh and the Upper Quarter Window trim Since it's specific to Pontiac only for those that didn't know.
The Malibu won't work The Lower Sail Panels will though.

Thanks.

CrammerGram69

Master Mechanic
Nov 15, 2019
SW, Michigan
SEM paint will fix any panel you get. There's also a member here that wrapped interior parts (can't remember who).

I wasn't able to find any SEM in that color, I Know Brian Weaver at G-Body Parts Offers this. Resto-Match Interior Dye Other than Him he's the only guy I've found with the correct color, I may try Color-Match.

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
Other than the soft parts (cloth & vinyl) & dash, everything else can work. Malibu's could/should have the same side window trim. As fleming442 said SEM can custom mix a batch to match. PPG is my source as I have the PPG color codes for the color & in both low gloss & semi-flat mixed.

Reactions: 1 users

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
I believe the lowers are different as well, to account for the sloping beltline at the quarter window.

At this late date, best to take the best panels you can get, and recolor as required. Going to be tough to find decent ones at all, since Pontiac production SEEMS to be a lot lower.

Reactions: 1 user

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
Malibu's could/should have the same side window trim.

Nope, look at the profile of both at the quarter glass....Malibu window goes lower than Lemans

Reactions: 1 user

CrammerGram69

Master Mechanic
Nov 15, 2019
SW, Michigan
My Other option is this, Buying brand new... As well as Lwr Door Panels. 78-81 2dr Rr Lower Panel set 78-88 Lower Door Panel Set Light blue & I forgot Dixies Restoration shop has the color as well.

I just haven't been able to find any New Sunvisors in that exact color, Not making a fuss outta it, But I am not so keen on Re-dying them since they are all cloth & how would they turn out.

CrammerGram69

Master Mechanic
Nov 15, 2019
SW, Michigan
Nope, look at the profile of both at the quarter glass....Malibu window goes lower than Lemans

Correct. I learned that the hard way. Everyone used to say they are the same until a friend did a side-by-side comparison.

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
I wasn't able to find any SEM in that color, I Know Brian Weaver at G-Body Parts Offers this. Resto-Match Interior Dye Other than Him he's the only guy I've found with the correct color, I may try Color-Match.
I had to use GBodyParts for a burgundy paint because I couldn't find it in SEM,
I used it on my under dash trio gauge set up I made and then on my Grant steering wheel, the match was near perfect.
20170716_205240_resized.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor