Why is Light blue so hard to find

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrammerGram69

Master Mechanic
Nov 15, 2019
SW, Michigan
Other than the soft parts (cloth & vinyl) & dash, everything else can work. Malibu's could/should have the same side window trim. As fleming442 said SEM can custom mix a batch to match. PPG is my source as I have the PPG color codes for the color & in both low gloss & semi-flat mixed.

Now this is why someone needs to donate me a '78-'81 LeMans coupe. I'd take a Grand Am coupe too so I don't look stuck up. ;)

I have a friend in Kentucky trying to sell his, Hardtop but needs some Rust repair.
Factory V8 car with A/C I think.

O. D. Showtime

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 6, 2009
Regina Sask. Canada
Lemans rear plastic first and Malibu second...

PC090001.JPG

Not quite the same angle but it should show the difference..

P3070017.jpg

Reactions: 2 users

CrammerGram69

Master Mechanic
Nov 15, 2019
SW, Michigan

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
Now this is why someone needs to donate me a '78-'81 LeMans coupe. I'd take a Grand Am coupe too so I don't look stuck up. ;)

Get in line, brother.

I think the Pontiac's lines flow better

Reactions: 2 users

1bad79

Royal Smart Person
Dec 3, 2011
Allendale mi
Not sure what part of Michigan your in but wyrick in Zeeland mi offers Sem paint and can mix any color you want that where I got mine you can get a pint,quart 1/2 gallon or a gallon

Reactions: 1 user

mikester

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 10, 2010
Small town NY
If you need an exact match the SEM company offers a free color matching service. Ive sent stuff to have matched a few times and the woman that does it is amazing. You sent a part thru UPS. The color is usually done in a day or two. Then you get the part sent back the same way. The woman (Ann Zolle) can email you the formula to have the color mixed by a body shop supply or you can buy a qt right from SEM.
Im not sure if youre trying to get it in an aerosol but it comes out real nice if you use a spray gun. Even a cheap one would work. All you do is mix it up in the can. No thinners or reducers needed. I sprayed a bunch of stuff for my friends '79 Camaro in the color youre trying to find.
11254104_10207062636671452_8938307923636371861_n.jpg

Reactions: 1 users

CrammerGram69

Master Mechanic
Nov 15, 2019
SW, Michigan
Not sure what part of Michigan your in but wyrick in Zeeland mi offers Sem paint and can mix any color you want that where I got mine you can get a pint,quart 1/2 gallon or a gallon

West Olive, MI on US-31 Inbetween Holland & Grand Haven.
Interesting information, Can get mixup/get the Official Light blue?

CrammerGram69

Master Mechanic
Nov 15, 2019
SW, Michigan
If you need an exact match the SEM company offers a free color matching service. Ive sent stuff to have matched a few times and the woman that does it is amazing. You sent a part thru UPS. The color is usually done in a day or two. Then you get the part sent back the same way. The woman (Ann Zolle) can email you the formula to have the color mixed by a body shop supply or you can buy a qt right from SEM.
Im not sure if youre trying to get it in an aerosol but it comes out real nice if you use a spray gun. Even a cheap one would work. All you do is mix it up in the can. No thinners or reducers needed. I sprayed a bunch of stuff for my friends '79 Camaro in the color youre trying to find.
View attachment 128579

I don't have any of the Original parts in the Light blue, They where all Painted over in Red, Then I screwed up finding the right color and they are a really ugly blue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor