Why isnt there a review section!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

blk7gxn

Royal Smart Person
Feb 7, 2019
Most everyone on here is a consumer of goods and products for our beloved G bodies, what a great tool it would be to have some sort of review on new products and good's you have purchased for your G. Are we not all here to learn and help?, what a great way to do so! There are many people who would like to see what others have to say about a product or good before they bite the bullet. Reviews are the new norm, I actually refrain from buying anything until I read reviews on a product. What better way to actually get an honest review from a G body brother or sister right here!!! So I'm not sure if people want to start posting up reviews on what they purchased right here, or perhaps the administrator could take it one step further and have categorized areas of reviews? I'll step away quietly and see what happens. ;) ----Will

Reactions: 2 users

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
To keep it short and simple, liability.

Many a vendor had taken, or at least threatened, legal action because of what someone wrote about their products on a website.... sometimes merited, sometimes less so.

Some may remember the inline tube issues....

abbey castro

Royal Smart Person
Oct 31, 2015
Harker Hts TX
A lot of times blame is put on a product when it is the installer or the buyer that is buying the wrong product for the application. and... since most products for G Bodies are sold by multiple stores and come from the same place on the mainland who do you give the bad review? A part says Assembled in the USA, the seals are made in Mejico, the bearings in China and bushing in Spain! So if the bearing goes bad is the US Mfg or the China factory to blame? Probably the store you bought it from, who buys it from a distributor, from an importer for a factory in Guangdong China. My 2 cents.

Reactions: 1 user

blk7gxn

Royal Smart Person
Feb 7, 2019
Some good points here. Its a shame we live in an era where fear is the engine that drives our actions. In a perfect world I would suppose, this sort of check and balance would keep everyone honest when selling goods, along with keeping quality control high. I guess at this point in time, if anyone has an inquiry on a particular product or good, G body related, they could post it up here to be truthfully answered by a fellow G body consumer of goods. I don't see any particular entity suing someone over their opinion/s, do we not still have freedom of speach? Can you really imagine a company suing a consumer who told about a crappy product that was sold to them? For one, if the product was crap, would the company want attention drawn to this? By no means would they, and what would they sue for, someone having a personal opinion and sharing about it? Don't foresee such nonsense to be honest. Although, people have sued for dumber things lol

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
Can't forget what I call "left field" reviews. Those false reviews on stuff not purchased by the reviewer posted to either deter the buyer to either screw with the seller for no reason or to try to push them to buy another like item. Even to make the review to be the opposite to try to sell something that is total junk. I've even seen these reviews for items yet to be released for sale/shipping. Can't figure out how to review an item that can't be purchased.

GP403

Administrator
Site Admin
Feb 25, 2005
Rolla, MO
creating a separate section for that never crossed my mind. I'll put it on the "look at this later" list.

the whole thing about getting sued is mostly bunk. unless you're making outright fabrications there's no rules, here or otherwise, say you can't post your (true ofc) experience with a vendor or product. It's cost me some sponsorships but I draw the line somewhere.

Unfortunately, people jump right into "I'll trash the company on the intarwebs, that'll show them." instead of idk maybe starting with customer service and seeing if any problems can get solved right up front.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
Exactly. It's dumb, but very real. The problem isn't whether it's warranted or not, it's about who's got deeper pockets. Most of the time, someone running a car forum doesn't actually have liability over what others post about a product review, etc., but when the dumbazz vendor sues the site owner, it's now a bunch of legal fees piling up to defend oneself from the company bringing the unfounded charges. Depends on your risk aversion, sometimes it's best to avoid all that.

Nobody is going to mute your freedom of speech. If you have a bad review, post it on one of those review sites or wherever. Go outside and complain to the neighbors. Or anyone who will listen. But it's also a two-way deal. I've seen people give bad reviews to a company or a product because they didn't go way outside the lines to give them comps or some other freebie or whatever other unreasonable demand wasn't met and then told the world how bad they sucked.

Example: You order 2 exhaust pipes from Company A. They send the exhaust pipes. When they arrive, one exhaust pipe is crunched and unusable. Probably UPS crunched it, but what do you do? You contact the company, and if they're worth their salt, they should know YOU didn't mess it up like that because why would you? You follow the company's policy for return/refund/replacement, and if they make good on it, you get a new pipe, everything is good. Some people out there would give them a bad review for sending a bent pipe in the first place. Which they very likely didn't. But they're too stupid to understand that's not how life works. Personally, I'd give them kudos for making things right even when it was UPS who screwed up. Believe me, UPS is a nightmare dealing with smashed boxes that they did.

But say this time you get a different pipe. WTF? Then you can start getting a bit miffed at their lack of service after the sale. If they continue to screw things up, and then if they're like some vendors who actually BLAME THE CUSTOMER for the problem, then that's where they get a bad review. Good or bad, reviews should be 100% truthful and factual. Opinions are fine, but the facts need to be there. Most of the time, your temperament can make a difference when dealing with the company screwups. They're human too. Ever make a mistake? Sure you have. It's how you handle things AFTER they go wrong that makes the difference.

• Agree
Reactions: 3 users

SS_Malibu

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Sep 27, 2021
Mesa, AZ
While I do read the reviews of things I'm researching to purchase, I do keep in mind the reason why consumers say they do or do not like the product. Sometimes the reason they do not like something has absolutely nothing to do with why I'm wanting to buy a product. I feel it's a bit unfair someone gets a bad review because a color wasn't available or as above stated, Mr. or Mrs. consumer bought the wrong product. However, reviews have been helpful for me once I've screened thru the BS and read between the lines of the what is actually being said in the review.

• Agree

blk7gxn

Royal Smart Person
Feb 7, 2019
I just thought it would be a great asset to all here, to actually see if products live up to their claim and perform as such etc. etc... like with everything else in life, there will be someone to ruin it for the rest of us. Some people are just unreasonable, even when a mistake was corrected.

I have purchased A LOT of things in past years, and almost 99% of the time, if there is a problem, with kindness and a little respect, (something a vender is not typically used to), they go out of their way to fix it AND I have received free stuff to boot!

If you live long enough you will make a mistake, everyone makes mistakes, that's not the issue, how you conduct yourself in getting the mistake resolved, that's what matters. I've actually became friends with a few venders who I wouldn't have had the chance normally, if there wasn't a mistake made, we worked together to fix it like civil human beings, and something positive came from the experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor