Wicked wagon...

Status
Not open for further replies.

SRD art

G-Body Guru
Jun 16, 2011
St. George, UT
Hey all, been a while since I dropped in, life just gets too busy sometimes, right?

I've got big plans for this year's racing schedule and to give the Pumkinator a bit of a facelift I finally nailed down the look I'm going for. I had some time over the Christmas break to start a new rendering, here's the final result. I'm currently gearing up for the 550 hp 510ft lb 406 small block engine swap, and I've been collecting parts for the interior and exterior. After a couple months of racing the car gets torn down in late April to begin the body work and paint. Hopefully the car will be complete by the end of this summer. Enjoy!

Pumkinator2016%2012%2096_zpsx2m9dj9d.jpg

Reactions: 1 users

jeremyandthemonte

G-Body Guru
Oct 20, 2014
I can not wait to see this come together everything i have followed this car from the start and loved every post of it. the front splitter is great i am in the process of designing front and rear splitter for my cutlass. Great job bud Love it :)

1evilregal

Comic Book Super Hero
Apr 23, 2009
Greensboro, NC
love the new look, Ben! I was wondering about you the other day, glad to see you back in here!

clean8485

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 18, 2005
Ontario, Canada
I really like the rendering that you've done for the car Ben. Looking forward to a build thread, and seeing the finished product. Are you keeping the automatic transmission, or are you considering a manual trans swap?

liquidh8

Comic Book Super Hero
Love the rendering Ben, can't wait to see you get on it and start updating the thread.

SRD art

G-Body Guru
Jun 16, 2011
St. George, UT
Thanks everyone! I have been so busy for the last couple of years I haven't had much time to visit on forums, but wanted to at least touch base with the new design.

I had originally wanted a standard trans but since I drive it everyday I just can't bring myself to doing the swap. I don't really road course the car and the auto trans works great on the autocross so I'll stick with this for now and use the $ elsewhere.

I'm almost ready to start the engine swap to get it running again for an autoX driving school in March and then the Optima invitational in April. I think after that I will tear the whole car down and start the transformation. Hoping to have it ready for some events at the beginning of fall. :)

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary
Ben,

Remind us what you are running for suspension under the Pumpkin8r. Bags and four-link, or do you still have coils under there?

SRD art

G-Body Guru
Jun 16, 2011
St. George, UT
Ben,

Remind us what you are running for suspension under the Pumpkin8r. Bags and four-link, or do you still have coils under there?

I originally had front SPC uppers, boxed lowers, Hotchkis rear arms, 5660 Moog springs up front and Eibachs outback, and single adjustable Varishocks all around. That system worked ok but I felt it was lacking some tunability, the springs all sagged over a year, and I didn't see the need to have an adjustable upper armt so I decided to swap it out. I currently have a complete Speedtech Performance suspension front and rear, including converting to Viking Crusader autoX valved coilovers. The car handles way better now, is much more competitive, and I have so much more trackside adjustability. Here's a couple newer action shots...

SCCA%2011%202015%201_zpsst62ynvy.jpg

SCCA%2011%202015%207_zpsdql7uror.jpg

Reactions: 1 users

Streetbu

Know it all, that doesn't
Supporting Member
May 22, 2011
Central NY
Glad to see you're back around! I was just checking your old thread on PT for some of your chassis reinforcement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor