Will 4.3 S-10 headers work?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meano

Apprentice
Oct 8, 2012
Tampa, FL
I have an 87 El Camino with the 262 4.3L V6, I know someone willing to give a great deal on a set of headers but the headers came off an S-10 but with a 4.3, my question is will the headers from the s-10 fit the Camino no problem?

1983regal

Master Mechanic
May 2, 2011
St. Louis MO.
I don't think anyone has tried them, so I doubt you are gonna get the answer you are looking for. S10's and g bodies have the same architecture so they should fit. Now if you were trying to use s10 V8 swap headers I would say no, because most of them are set up for the V8 swap motor mounts which usually offset the motor towards the passenger side. I can't believe that no one makes headers for a 4.3 in a g body?

Tank

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 28, 2011
Sedalia, Missouri
Meano said:
I have an 87 El Camino with the 262 4.3L V6, I know someone willing to give a great deal on a set of headers but the headers came off an S-10 but with a 4.3, my question is will the headers from the s-10 fit the Camino no problem?

Did you ever get the headers and did they work? I have an 81 Elcamino with a 3.8L and the 4.3L headers will work for them, I just was not sure about the frame architecture to see if they will actually clear everything in the Elcamino.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor