Aug 29, 2018
NEED HELP AND FAST IT A 67 ELCAMINO REAR GOING IN A 1984 ELCO WILL IT FIT
20180812_164014.jpg
20180812_164014.jpg

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
I believe it is 2"-4" wider and requires special control arms to mount it.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

9 SEC ELCO

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 29, 2018
Thanks guys I'm on a time crunch and have to be at the track by november thanks again for the Response time ill let you all know how it goes

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
It is 2.5" wider than the G body, you'll need conversion uppers and a joint on the axle side of ther lower to pick up the angle discrepancy. I got my conversion uppers and a lowers with the Roto joint on the axle end for my GP from UMI. The spring purches are on the front of the axle complared to the G body which is in the center. I left them in the front and it didn't seem to bother anything. If that rear is an 8.2 and it has a Eaton posi there was a bulletin on those, the thrust washer on the pinion gears prematuely wore due to the metal they used. Mine were paper thin but the kits with the gears and thrust washers are still available.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

9 SEC ELCO

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 29, 2018
It is 2.5" wider than the G body, you'll need conversion uppers and a joint on the axle side of ther lower to pick up the angle discrepancy. I got my conversion uppers and a lowers with the Roto joint on the axle end for my GP from UMI. The spring purches are on the front of the axle complared to the G body which is in upgrade the center. I left them in the front and it didn't seem to bother anything. If that rear is an 8.2 and it has a Eaton posi there was a bulletin on those, the thrust washer on the pinion gears prematuely wore due to the metal they used. Mine were paper thin but the kits with the gears and thrust washers are still available.
So do you recommend any upgrades to the rear I'm doing c clip eleminatos, gears, CRUSH ring elminators, and some axles and weld the axle tubes and griddle im trying run low 7's in 1/8 with a 175 shot around 675 horsepower

9 SEC ELCO

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 29, 2018
So do you recommend any upgrades to the rear I'm doing c clip eleminatos, gears, CRUSH ring elminators, and some axles and weld the axle tubes and griddle and a set of 4.11 or 4.56 im trying run low 7's or 6's in 1/8 with a 175 shot around 675 horsepower

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
So do you recommend any upgrades to the rear I'm doing c clip eleminatos, gears, CRUSH ring elminators, and some axles and weld the axle tubes and griddle im trying run low 7's in 1/8 with a 175 shot around 675 horsepower

sounds like you have the upgrades already planned, is it a 12 bolt or a 10 bolt rear?

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
It's pancaked already?:banana:

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

Macguyver

SOUTHSIDE MACHINE PERFORMANCE
GBodyForum Sponsor
Mar 21, 2017
Very basic swap. Parts will ship same day!

https://southsidemachineperformance...olt-swap-double-adjustable-upper-control-arms

T
hese control arms from SSM Performance are designed to bolt a 1964-1972 GM A-Body 10-Bolt or 12-Bolt rear end into a 1978-1988 GM G-Body; this includes Monte Carlo, Malibu, El Camino, Regal, Grand National, Grand Prix and Cutlass. These upper control arms are built at the correct angle to attach to the G-Body chassis as well as the A-Body rear end "ears". These control arms are a must any time this swap is being completed. Using factory control arms will cause drastic rear end bind and incorrect driveline angle, this leads to traction lose, vibrations and unsafe handling.
These control arms are supplied adjustable for easy on-car adjustability to set correct pinion angle and allow adjustment for installation if needed. Adjustments are made using an aircraft quality 4140 Chrome Moly adjuster with included Poly Bushings.
Southside Machine Sport Suspension kit includes a set of Poly tubular rear lower control arms and a set of adjustable rear upper control arms. This control arm kit is a direct bolt-on replacement designed to minimize wheel hop, improve corning and help track consistency on your GM “G” Body vehicle. Stock control arms are on the borderline of junk, bushing deflection and rusting weak stamped material add for traction loss and poor handling ability. Whether your car is a weekend cruiser or weekend track addict this kit works on all applications. Lower control arms feature poly bushings, fully boxed and welded construction for the most in strength and correct provisions for adding a stock or aftermarket sway bar. The included double adjustable upper control arms allow you to adjust your vehicles pinion angle and recenter the rearend for optimum performance, precise handling and improved traction. Adjustable upper control arms are constructed of CNC machined 0.250" steel mounting plates, heavy wall DOM tubing and heavy duty poly bushings to handle the most severe abuse you can throw at them.

These are truly overkill! All grade 8 hardware is included. Made in USA.​

78-88 Pontiac Grand Prix
78-87 Buick Regal
78-87 Chevrolet El Camino
78-83 Chevrolet Malibu
78-88 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
78-87 GMC Caballero
79-81 Oldsmobile Cutlass
78-81 Pontiac Lemans
78-87 Buick Grand National

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor