will camaro headers work on g bodys?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bjohn07

Master Mechanic
May 9, 2010
im in need of headers. and a buddy told me he would give me a set of hooker longtube headers. from a late 80s early 90s camaro. they will be goin in a 86 cutty with a sbc. i know its simpler to get them to see if it will fit. but i cant get them till mon. and figured someone on here might have been thru this already

RockSS

Master Mechanic
Oct 24, 2010
Enfield Ct
Yes your right someone has tried this before, and the answer is no but its really close I acually got the right 1 one a little finessing but I just couldn't get the left on and I just about had the engine out but you can give it a try it is close ... but I dont think it'll work. :?

jcbannis

Apprentice
Dec 26, 2010
Sunman Ind.
i had a set of 78 firebird headers on mine and when i changed engines they wouldnt fit my angle plugs heads and now i have shorty camaro headers on it for now and yes they fit but the collector hit the frame on the passenger side but im buying new headers next month for it

bjohn07

Master Mechanic
May 9, 2010
well i ordered the jegs brand shorty headers. they say they will fit 80s camaros as well as g bodys. the ones i was gonna have given to me were long tubes for camaros so i dont think they would have worked.

larryo454

Master Mechanic
Aug 16, 2010
The Best header for sbc that i think is the schoenfeld for tube size and fitment for plug fitment.The part# 186

jcbannis

Apprentice
Dec 26, 2010
Sunman Ind.
will they fit the angle plug heads? because im running elderbrock vitor jr aluminum heads?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor