WILL PAINTLESS DENT REMOVAL WORK ON 37 YEAR OLD PAINT????? 1984 Monte Carlo SS 4K

Status
Not open for further replies.

Purple87SS

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 14, 2016

I finally found a guy who is willing to take on a very tough paintless dent removal job on the door of my original paint 1984 Monte Carlo SS. This all started back in 2019 when my neighbor's SUV rolled square into the door of my SS on Thanksgiving morning. Since then I've been looking for an exact door to match or even a donor car, with no luck. I even spoke to several other PDR companies, sent them pictures and NONE were even willing to try. PDR is an art which takes much skill to "pop" out dents and creases, and Tom and team we're willing to try their best on the SS. I was nervous as the paint is original, and the process or working the metal back out was going to be a long and tedious job due to the age and condition of the patina'd GM lacquer paint from 1984. Watch to see how Tom and crew did after a ton of hours of PDR on my SS. And stay tuned for part 2 of this mini series to see what troubles I encountered that evening...To be continued......

If you enjoyed this video hit that LIKE button, and consider SUBSCRIBING to follow the ups and downs of owning G Bodys. My videos focus on mainly my 87 Turbo T and my 84 Monte Carlo SS. I appreciate you watching help growing my channel. Part 2 coming soon!

Dent Away by Tom http://dentawaybytom.com/ https://www.facebook.com/DENTAwaybyTOM/
7th Ave, Wilmington, DE 19805
(302) 766-4266

Ralph's Garage YouTube Channel- LS Swap BMW

Reactions: 2 users

Jakefromstatefarm

Master Mechanic
Feb 26, 2014
Definitely impressive. Especially considering he could glue pull anything. Most guys would want nothing to do with that job, as you found out. Glad he was able to make it presentable again.

Personally I would probably become that guys best salesman from that experience.

Purple87SS

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 14, 2016
Definitely impressive. Especially considering he could glue pull anything. Most guys would want nothing to do with that job, as you found out. Glad he was able to make it presentable again.

Personally I would probably become that guys best salesman from that experience.
Agreed. Tom has shared the video and several car buddies have already inquired with him. He's and honest guy and put forth some amazing effort most wouldn't have even attempted.
Its not perfect but I wasn't expecting perfect. I wanted better and Tom delivered well beyond my expectations.

Reactions: 1 user

Cuse99

Master Mechanic
Dec 21, 2020
I was watching a Jay Leno video of the Chrslyer Jet car from the early 60s. It had original paint also and he discussed using a PDR guy to fix it up. Car looks great.

Reactions: 1 user

Purple87SS

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 14, 2016
Here is the follow-up video to my last PDR video.

PART 2 after getting the driver's door repaired with paintless dent repair. What me and my Son, Enzo thought was going to be calm relaxing ride home turned into a drama filled evening. It all began with losing oil pressure on the highway home... You'll find out the issue and how we repaired it, kind of.....

Thanks for watching. If you enjoyed the video, hit that LIKE button and please consider SUBSCRIBING to the channel. You'll see tons of GBody content here! I appreciate your and support and getting my in front of more GBody lovers like you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor