Wilwood 4 piston calipers. Anyone have problems?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tony1968

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Jul 1, 2018
NW Indiana
Bleeding them ? 4 bleeders 2 top and 2 bottom.
The only way they worked was to completely remove the bleeder.
Darn things don't work properly 😕

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
front or back?....my rears gravity bleed but my fronts will not. I hope you are only bleeding the top outside bleeder.

Reactions: 1 users

Tony1968

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Jul 1, 2018
NW Indiana
front or back?....my rears gravity bleed but my fronts will not. I hope you are only bleeding the top outside bleeder.
The rears that came on my Strange 9"
I bled from outside first and when I did the inner fluid was already there.
I got the whole car bled. That's not the issue. Its the bleeder fittings in the rear calipers that don't bleed. Just Strange. 😆

Reactions: 1 user

melloelky

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 22, 2017
mass
not to sound foolish but can you see all the way through the bleeders if you take them out and look down them?
I've seen people try and bleed these with the ones facing the ground too.it's pretty a good watch..
:popcorn:

Reactions: 2 users

Tony1968

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Jul 1, 2018
NW Indiana
not to sound foolish but can you see all the way through the bleeders if you take them out and look down them?
I've seen people try and bleed these with the ones facing the ground too.it's pretty a good watch..
:popcorn:
Yeah I checked that. Hole on both ends but you cannot see thru it. Almost looks like a valve inside or something?

melloelky

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 22, 2017
mass
that's odd.maybe the bleeder's are no good?machined wrong?pull caliper,flip it over,pull the ones from the bottom and see if they're blocked as well.you won't have to re-bleed it either.

Tony1968

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Jul 1, 2018
NW Indiana
that's odd.maybe the bleeder's are no good?machined wrong?pull caliper,flip it over,pull the ones from the bottom and see if they're blocked as well.you won't have to re-bleed it either.
I pulled a bottom one. It's the same
Never had bleeders that won't bleed

Northernregal

Sloppy McRodbender
Oct 24, 2017
Red Deer, Northern Montana territory
Bleed the tops, might need a little more pressure to open the bleeders. I used a little hose on the nipple into a jar and had the GF push the pedal and it worked pretty good. Also back them off a tad more than you think, they will work.

• Agree
Reactions: 3 users

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I like to use teflon tape on the threads of the bleeders so air can't sneak by the threads

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor