Wilwood master for manual brakes

mc1984ss

Master Mechanic
May 18, 2020
I'm considering using a wilwood master cylinder in my Monte Carlo for the manual brakes. I'm curious if anyone else has used a wilwood master cylinder in a g body with a manual brakes setup. Hoping to learn any problems you may have encountered thank you in advance

T-TOP TONY

Master Mechanic
Jun 13, 2008
san bernardino, ca
What are the pros and cons of manual brakes?

melloelky

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 22, 2017
mass
Just my two cents worth. If manual brakes were better then OEM wouldn't have spent$$$ to develop/install.
@one time manual was all that existed,along came vac assisted version that was much nicer for the general population to use day in/day out and that become the standard.

Reactions: 1 users

Rktpwrd

Builder of Cool Shjt
Supporting Member
Feb 2, 2015
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Unless you are trying to lose weight for racing purposes why?

Oh, I don’t know, having an engine combination that doesn’t make enough vacuum to support power brakes comes to mind.

Your options then become either vacuum pump or hydroboost. And lots of guys (me included) don’t want the hassle or related parts to run either one. So then all you’re left with is manual.

Reactions: 1 users

mc1984ss

Master Mechanic
May 18, 2020
Thanks for responding Dave! I'll give you a call after work some night. It's appreciated!

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor