Window question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crabby

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 2, 2016
i have a 1895 el Camino in which the passenger window doesn't close tightly as it should . Any ideas about what it may need. Someon told me it had a part near the top of the door that appeared to be missing but he didn't know what it was called? Any help?.

UNGN

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 6, 2016
Southlake, TX
There some very detailed Youtube videos on G-body window adjustment. Watch a few of them and compare what you have to what they have.

At the top of its travel, the window hooks the upper stops and that helps draw it into the seal. You need to have these and adjust these for the window to seal.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

Crabby

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 2, 2016
i have a 1895 el Camino in which the passenger window doesn't close tightly as it should . Any ideas about what it may need. Someon told me it had a part near the top of the door that appeared to be missing but he didn't know what it was called? Any help?.

I found a utube video that helped a lot and the job took 30 minutes to fix.
Thanks for the help!

Reactions: 1 users

Tyler J

Apprentice
Aug 29, 2016
Central Wisconsin
Have any links to these videos? I just replaced weather stripping and I can't get my windows to seal correctly at all. I have spent hours messing around with all the adjustments. I'm pretty close right now but just can't seem to get it just right.

Crabby

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 2, 2016
I found a utube video that helped a lot and the job took 30 minutes to fix.
Thanks for the help!
I typed in at google utube videos to adjust window on 1985 el Camino gbodies.
What came up was a utube for adjusting window on 85 Monte Carlo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor