Window switch help!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carlo_LS-2

n00b
Jun 3, 2020
I have a 1983 G body Monti Carlo SS windows don’t work. I have the “shop Manual supplement” manual. But the only power window wiring diagram it has is for a dual master power window switch Mine only has one. When I got the car the passenger side window switch connector was cut out so I ordered a new passenger side window switch connector but the new connector has 5 wires coming out of it and I have 6 wires. All the diagrams I have seen are for a dual master window switch. So I need to find out where the extra wire goes.

Attachments

• 8D8CD9FD-44D0-49CA-A92A-88BB55E9E0BF.jpeg
    8D8CD9FD-44D0-49CA-A92A-88BB55E9E0BF.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 763
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 853

Roadwarrior88

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 17, 2020
The "extra" wire is the black one on the door, it would be a ground wire that isn't used with the 5 pin passenger switch. Just follow the left side of your wiring diagram, that's labeled front. Wiring should be
Pink to pink
Blue w/ stripe to light blue or blue with stripe,
Tan to tan
Dark blue to dark blue
Brown to brown.

57 Handyman

Master Mechanic
Feb 6, 2017
My 87 El Camino single door window connector has 5 wires (pink, blue, blue/black, blue/white, and black). The wires appear to match your in the picture. If you match up and connect all the wires to the harness, which one does not have a connection? More importantly, does the window function with the non-matched wire not going anywhere? If you have proper window function, then tape it up and move on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor