Window trim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rudy913

G-Body Guru
Feb 26, 2016
New Orleans
How to remove the front window trim my car is leaking everytime it's rains? Or can I just remove the ceiling trim for the inside and seal it off

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
If you're careful and gentle you can use a thin flat head screwdriver, I recommend practicing on a few in pull a part, although gm made a specialty tool to earn the $$$.

You start on the sides, pressing away from the painted surface and then can release the plastic clips and have it pop off.

To be honest, if the water is leaking and you like the car long term I would remove the trim, then remove and reseal the windshield.

Once the glass is out you can see whether you are just suffering from dried/shrunken urethane, or, rust. A car rust free on the outside and paint can easily have rust on the windshield flanges you cannot see from trapped water over the years

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

Doug Chahoy

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 21, 2016
I'd go to an auto glass shop or an older body shop . They more than likely have the special tool . I've had mine for about 40 years . Eastwood, Auto body Supply, (on the net) Snap-on, Mac are all sources if you want to buy one.

oldsmobile joe

Royal Smart Person
Nov 12, 2015
mpls
a 90 degree pick should work also.
joe

oldsmobile joe

Royal Smart Person
Nov 12, 2015
mpls
but becarefull, those plastic retainers can be brittle to work with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor