Windows and seals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malibuguy1

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 5, 2019
Does any one know if there are window shades still available for 78 Malibu's? I am looking for two sets, one for a station wagon (4) and one set for a coupe.
Also looking for door weather strips for the above, including top rear tail gate seal.(for around rear window glass).
Any information would be appreciated! Thanks Mark. [email protected]

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Is that the rear window louvers or something else?
I think he means the chrome or stainless little awnings that clip on above the side windows into the top of the window channel.

Longroof79

Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Does any one know if there are window shades still available for 78 Malibu's? I am looking for two sets, one for a station wagon (4) and one set for a coupe.
Also looking for door weather strips for the above, including top rear tail gate seal.(for around rear window glass).
Any information would be appreciated! Thanks Mark. [email protected]
Welcome aboard ,Mark.
I haven't seen the window shades in years. I remember my old VW bug having them. They were a pretty common accessory.

Check Rock Auto for the door to body weather stripping. They usually carry the Metro brand. That's where mine were purchase. The gate seal is another matter. You're going to have to locate a good used one.

Longroof79

Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
I've only seen thosr for framed window doors, none for hard tops.
I agree. They were mostly for sedans, and like you said, framed window doors.

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
1978-1983 Chevrolet Malibu

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor