Windows

Status
Not open for further replies.

Art619

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 25, 2019
Anyone know where to get a window race or window turbo at good price?

88AZSS

Master Mechanic
Mar 13, 2018
Mesa, AZ
I'm a big proponent of a relay setup for faster windows. I can't speak to the quality or function of the window racer set up but I know that a good relay setup is tried and true the best way to get the results you're looking for.

http://www.lmctruck.com/features/cc/CC9DP.htm

This is the setup I use. It says for trucks but it is the same for our cars. You can even make it yourself if you're handy enough with wiring, I didn't mind paying a bit for it to be done already.

If you are still set on the window racer I think they can be had from Dixie Restoration if I'm not mistaken.

Reactions: 1 user

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
You can wire in a set of relays if you want....it's not complicated, I had issue wiring mine in cause I have a module that puts the windows up when I hit the remote door locks

power-window-door-wiring-jpg.67777

Last edited:

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
I bought my Window Turbo direct tell him you are on Gbodyforum and you might get a discount he was going to try a while back to get a forum discount approved but I don't know if it ever happened.
hhoyt on here is the inventor and I dealt with him directly before ordering it.
This is the difference installed in my 86' Regal just off a charged battery.
The best part is it only takes minutes to install and you don't have to pull the door panels off and splice any wiring and you can transfer it to another car later.
And it also increases the speed of a power sunroof if you have one.

Last edited:

Gonzo1970

G-Body Guru
Sep 30, 2018
$170?

Ouch...

-Gonz

Gonzo1970

G-Body Guru
Sep 30, 2018
gofundspeedywindowsforGonz

Nah, Ive got better things to spend $200 on :D

Headers/Duals installed
Alarm
Shifter
Posi
Rims
A/C Fixed
Cruise Fixed

It would be somewhere after those... lol

-Gonz

• Haha
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor