Windshield Antenna Cable

Status
Not open for further replies.

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary
For those who want to retrofit a fender with no antenna hole, here is the cable used with the antenna embedded in the windshield glass. RockAuto has them, but Goodmark is offered by lots of resellers.

1611460470655.png

Reactions: 5 users

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
And if you wanted a tinted/shaded windshield for it with a built-in antenna to plug this into, you can get DW00935N at Rock Auto for 171 bucks GM p/n 20315849 equivalent. Have no idea about shipping, though. Probably can get them at your local auto supply place too. But just saying.

Will fit 78-88 G47 2-door body style. 82-88 wouldn't be factory correct, but it will work.

Reactions: 1 user

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary
And if you wanted a tinted/shaded windshield for it with a built-in antenna to plug this into, you can get DW00935N at Rock Auto for 171 bucks GM p/n 20315849 equivalent. Have no idea about shipping, though. Probably can get them at your local auto supply place too. But just saying.

Will fit 78-88 G47 2-door body style. 82-88 wouldn't be factory correct, but it will work.
I had this done on my 83 wagon, back in the day when you could get sedan/wagon glass. Sourced the cable from a boneyard car. The body stamping still accommodated the cable.

Can you share the part number for the sedan/wagon glass? Might be useful to find a spare if one exists.

BTW, I checked on shipping. Same cost as the part...

Reactions: 2 users

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
For G35 (wagon I think) and G69 4-door sedan.

GM p/n 20008129
  • Description:
    With antenna, gm, tinted. With antenna, gm, shaded, 4 door.

Best I can do, Bud. Looks like your local glass dudes will have an answer on where to find one, if you can.

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
I have ran this style 12 volt antenna on my Monte for decades and put one also in my Regal a few years back and filled the holes in the fenders of both cars.
It pulls stations in better than when I had Gbody's with the factory windshield antenna and mounts on the upper inside of the windshield.
1611503836848.png

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
I have ran this style 12 volt antenna on my Monte for decades and put one also in my Regal a few years back and filled the holes in the fenders of both cars.
It pulls stations in better than when I had Gbody's with the factory windshield antenna and mounts on the upper inside of the windshield.
View attachment 167209
Yeah, so you get all the stations with no static, but the coolness factor of the windshield antenna just can't be replicated. :) I wouldn't go change out my windshield just for the antenna alone. If I had to replace the windshield for whatever reason and I could get one, I might consider it.

• Agree

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
For me it was more about eliminating the antenna on the fender, I was never a fan of those and I like the cleaner look it gives the car

Reactions: 1 users

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
For me it was more about eliminating the antenna on the fender, I was never a fan of those and I like the cleaner look it gives the car
Well, for me it's just a matter of clicking "off" and watching the antenna disappear into the fender. But therein lies the other issue. Sometimes it doesn't. o_O Then you have to go in and get it or at least unplug the motor. Your solution definitely is the lower cost means to getting rid of the fender antenna because you don't have to fix broken cables or buy special windshields.

• Agree

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary
Yeah, so you get all the stations with no static, but the coolness factor of the windshield antenna just can't be replicated. :) I wouldn't go change out my windshield just for the antenna alone. If I had to replace the windshield for whatever reason and I could get one, I might consider it.
This is exactly what happened. I don’t listen to the radio, ironically. In fact, I am looking to modify a couple two knob factory radios for my cars so I can plug in my MP3 player. Then I don’t have to listen to the barrage of car dealers/lots pushing me about the latest sale...that seems to be my demographic on the FM band...I still have a cigarette lighter plug in from Walmart from 15 years ago...

F9AAEF74-A934-4049-9BDC-68B4772B5D39.jpeg

Last edited:

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
For G35 (wagon I think) and G69 4-door sedan.

GM p/n 20008129
  • Description:
    With antenna, gm, tinted. With antenna, gm, shaded, 4 door.

Best I can do, Bud. Looks like your local glass dudes will have an answer on where to find one, if you can.
My glass guy got a Pilkington one no problem about 2 years ago, have things changed?

• Agree
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor