Windshield moulding

Status
Not open for further replies.

84G-body

n00b
Jan 29, 2017
Hi, I have a 1984 chevy monte carlo ss that just got out of paint and and is ready for reassemble. Im having a hard time finding the seal that slides into the molding/trim that clips in around the windshield and rear window. The rubber part is dried and cracking. Any help is appriciated. Thanks.

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
G-Body of the Month
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
  • Agree
Reactions: 1 users

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY

Longroof79

G-Body of the Month
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Yep....i had just the windshield plastic saved, but saw he was needing the rear window trim as well. One stop shop lol!
That was the right call, my friend. You're absolutely right.

Reactions: 1 user

84G-body

n00b
Jan 29, 2017
Hey guys, thanks for the help! And yeah thats exactly what i was looking for. Never been an internet or a forum guy so this is all new to me. But a little about my project, my dad bought this car for my mom brand new in 84. He passed away and i was too young so the car was sold. With a little investigating i was lucky enough to find it 17 years later sitting in a heated barn.

Attachments

• 20161206_190911.jpg
    20161206_190911.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 256
Reactions: 4 users

Longroof79

G-Body of the Month
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Thanks for sharing the story. I'm glad to hear that you were able to find and acquire your dad's car many years later. You obviously had all the proper information (vin#, etc.) to be able to find the car again thru the grapevine. I like happy endings. Most searches aren't as fruitful.
...Oh, and welcome to the forum. I guess not everyone spends their spare time goofing off on the internet.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

84G-body

n00b
Jan 29, 2017
Yeah definitely, this site has alot to offer, advice as well as parts and such. Everyone seems happy to help. Im glad i signed up and hope to keep posting pics as well as help if i can offer it. Thanks again guys.

Reactions: 2 users

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
That's what we do here buddy....help out the fellow gearhead, and gain some knowledge in the process!!!

Another good site is dixie restoration depot. Just google it....they have a ton of stuff for the monte's...not so much for my cutlass :(, but that's okay since I'm pretty efficient at sourcing parts with my thumbs lol!

Go to ebay motors, search for 84 monte carlo parts...filter down to whatever area of the car you are hunting for, and you will find yourself sucked into all kinds of stuff before you know it.

As you've done already, don't be afraid to ask questions....tons of knowledge here. I'm 33, but have had my cutlass since i was 17 so I've had some time to acquaint myself with the g body platform...and im still learning new stuff about it. Awesome back story btw, cool that you were able to find the car in decent shape instead of learning it was crushed years back!!

Reactions: 2 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor