Windshield Trim Seal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
My Bonneville has this strip of (what is now hard) plastic that slides between the chrome and the glass (I think). It started to come loose, and I had to trim it. Does anyone know what it is called, and can you get repops?

Reactions: 2 users

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
My Bonneville has this strip of (what is now hard) plastic that slides between the chrome and the glass (I think). It started to come loose, and I had to trim it. Does anyone know what it is called, and can you get repops?
Yep, available. Can't recall the exact terminology, but gbodyparts and others have it. Standby.

• Agree
Reactions: 3 users

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
Screenshot_20190904-082340_Amazon Shopping.jpg

Most auto stores have these in stock.

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
G-Body of the Month
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
The trim plastics I used were from the junkyard. Blake suggested taking them from a B-body car. Even older B-bodies are getting harder to come by.
This was before I saw them available from G-body Parts and Dixie Resto,
I needed them for the 1/4 windows and the windshield trim. So, I pulled the long strips from the top and bottom windshield trims.
I asked my glass shop about their availability and they didn't have an answer for me.

I have one of those tools and I still feel nervous about using it. It's so easy to crack a windshield. Ask me how I know. There's also another tool for that purpose that looks like an arrowhead at the end of it. I think Harbor Freight sells them. https://www.harborfreight.com/4-piece-windshield-door-trim-tool-set-38386.html

Last edited:

mikester

Comic Book Super Hero
Mar 10, 2010
Small town NY
The trim plastics I used were from the junkyard. Blake suggested taking them from a B-body car. Even older B-bodies are getting harder to come by.
This was before I saw them available from G-body Parts and Dixie Resto,
I needed them for the 1/4 windows and the windshield trim. So, I pulled the long strips from the top and bottom windshield trims.
I asked my glass shop about their availability and they didn't have an answer for me.

I have one of those tools and I still feel nervous about using it. It's so easy to crack a windshield. Ask me how I know. There's also another tool for that purpose that looks like an arrowhead at the end of it. I think Harbor Freight sells them. https://www.harborfreight.com/4-piece-windshield-door-trim-tool-set-38386.html

Jack, I pulled a set of those off a Caprice in my local yard. They were in a little better shape than mine but not perfect so I wound up tossing them. Are they the same ones for the 1/4 windows ? Its been so long I dont remember if theyre on all 4 sides.
I know what you mean about popping the clips. My 1/4 glass trim is body color. Im a little nervous about trying to get that off without damaging the paint.

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor