Windshield washer too powerful?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
New squirters, lines, and pump. Squirts over the damn roof. Also stays on too long. Whats the deal?

tkruger

Master Mechanic
May 6, 2015
NY
You have the model for T-Top cars. Have to keep the windows on the roof clean :). Not sure if there is a way to aim the squinters, have not looked at the ones on My Monty Carlo recently. My van allows them to be aimed by placing a pin and in the hole and moving them.

Reactions: 1 user

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
I've had the slow wiper syndrome since I upgraded to the newer wiper motor. One day I decided to check the voltage going to the motor and it was less than the required + 12 volts, so I decided to add a relay inline. That seemed to help significantly, and even the washer pump works more efficiently.

As Mr, Kruger suggested. Try aiming the squirters using a pin or piece of thin welding wire.. They may be factory set, I don't recall. I'll have to look at mine.

Reactions: 1 users

oldsmobile joe

Royal Smart Person
Nov 12, 2015
mpls
try them at 70mph.

84cutlasssupreme

Apprentice
Nov 2, 2019
New squirters, lines, and pump. Squirts over the damn roof. Also stays on too long. Whats the deal?
As tkruger intimated, I think those washers are in a fixed mount holder on the cowl. At least that's how they were on my '84 Cutlass. Maybe you can loosen the washer mount and shim underneath to aim them down a little.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor