New Orleans
How do I get to the Windshield wiper pump
Mines isn't getting any water when I push the button ? Can someone help me
Pictures would help also

bob64

G-Body Guru
Mar 30, 2017
Niagara Falls, Canada
Its the 2 wires on the back of wiper motor on firewall right beside hood hinge. 3 wires run the motor, 2 wires run washer pump, you'll see fluid hoses leading right to the pump diaphragm.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

Rudy913

G-Body Guru
Feb 26, 2016
New Orleans
Its the 2 wires on the back of wiper motor on firewall right beside hood hinge. 3 wires run the motor, 2 wires run washer pump, you'll see fluid hoses leading right to the pump diaphragm.
what does with or without intermittent wipers mean ?

Rudy913

G-Body Guru
Feb 26, 2016
New Orleans
IMG_1890.JPG
IMG_1891.JPG
IMG_1892.JPG
how do u get to the third bolt in the back to take it off ? And also how can I tell if it's even getting power to the washer pump ?

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
don't remove the 3rd bolt, remove the top two and you can pull the motor out of the grommet it sits in....

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
Personally, I convert mine to an electric pump..I can meter exactly how much w/s washer fluid I want to use. I never cared for the OEM squirt-squirt-squirt pumps.....I think that may have been changed on later G bodies.

They used to sell aftermarket standalone pumps, now I use OE pumps and grommets because I get them at work all the time. I did several cars with Crown Vic reservoirs ($5 at local pull a part yard), they are shaped like they were made for G bodies. Last couple, I just drilled the existing reservoir for the grommet and pump assembly. Both work fine.

SAM_1688.JPG

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: 1 user

bob64

G-Body Guru
Mar 30, 2017
Niagara Falls, Canada
Keep the top 2 bolts in , its a 10 mil socket , use 1/4" drive an feel for it, its a pain in the arse.. Socket has to fit into a half circle sort of thing. Check with your finger first to locate it ! Undo it first then the top 2.
There is only a positive and a negative going to the pump, the pump runs off the wiper motor, so turn wipers on an with a power source put power to the 2 wires, if it cycles it will go click click . if it clicks an no fluid then its the diaphragm . 4 bolts on white plastic housing hold the diaphragm in place !

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
Keep the top 2 bolts in , its a 10 mil socket , use 1/4" drive an feel for it, its a pain in the arse.. Socket has to fit into a half circle sort of thing. Check with your finger first to locate it ! Undo it first then the top 2.
There is only a positive and a negative going to the pump, the pump runs off the wiper motor, so turn wipers on an with a power source put power to the 2 wires, if it cycles it will go click click . if it clicks an no fluid then its the diaphragm . 4 bolts on white plastic housing hold the diaphragm in place !

I just remove the top two and you can pull the motor out of the grommet it sits in for the 3rd bolt, it goes back in the same way

bob64

G-Body Guru
Mar 30, 2017
Niagara Falls, Canada
You are correct but it doesn't always work that way, once there bolted the pressure maybe to much an you'll either have to undo bolt a little or right out . Here is a pic of one l got and l still can't slide the rubber Grommet out. All the holes are U cut. Age hardens the rubber. IMG_20170424_210300.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor