Winshield wiper/washer ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doug Chahoy

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 21, 2016
Went to change my washer pump but NOBODY has the same one. I've bought 2 and looked at hundreds online. Mine has 3 pigtail connections, everything I've seen only has 2. Most also show an external wire between the wiper motor and the pump. Mine doesn't have that. I even started a thread in the parts wanted section if anyone has a good matching complete unit for sale. I can't post pics here, but I could to an email or text.
Frustrated as all hell, NOTHING this week has gone right .

Doug Chahoy

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 21, 2016
These parts companies SUCK!!!!! They show and describe a part then there's not one in the country anywhere. I have to send them my pump and motor for them to rebuild mine. The only good part is I know it will fit and hook up.

Doug Chahoy

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 21, 2016
I believe mine also has internal electric problems. When I bought the car the OO told me the washer pump wasn't working. Now I can understand why he didn't fix it.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
Back in the 60's I think the GM trucks used a 3 prong washer pump. Have you tried a 2 prong pump to see if it works?

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
I believe mine also has internal electric problems. When I bought the car the OO told me the washer pump wasn't working. Now I can understand why he didn't fix it.
This is where things get complicated because it comes off the wiper circuitry. I got balled up in that on my 63 88, and had to seek professional help. :X3:

• Optimistic
Reactions: 1 user

Doug Chahoy

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 21, 2016
Me needing professional help, no argument there. But if the rebuild doesn't work when installed, I will get that kind of P.H.

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
I mounted a small 12 volt washer pump directly to my factory reservoir down low where you can't really see it and keep the factory cap on with a dummy hose that doesn't connect to anything to keep the factory look.
This set up also eliminates the pulsing the factory pump has.

20180906_185557_resized.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users

jatguit

Greasemonkey
Mar 27, 2007
Ok, so here is a picture (1st pic), that I have of a spare motor and washer pump. I circled the 3 pigtail connections. Is yours like this? This comes from a car with Pulse wipers and yes has wires that you can see Red and Black, but I believe they all do have that. Now, here is something that I experienced a long time ago. ACDelco was offering a different looking, but functional, wiper/washer assy, but you had to splice in or use an electrical adapter to your current wire system to make it work. It looked like the 2nd picture on here. That one had NO wires inbetween, but appears to be only 2 pigtails.
3 pigtail plug.jpg

2nd picture
Newer style.jpg

• Informative
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor