Winter Projects

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bonnewagon

Lost in the Labyrinth
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
I need to get back at my 100 year old bathroom restoration. I quit when the weather got hot. But first I need to get this rebuilt 4.0 engine back in to the Jeep.. Hopefully I can finish before serious winter sets in. Then I can work indoors.

Reactions: 1 user

500/600

Royal Smart Person
Nov 17, 2018
West Virginia
1) I have pulled the shorties off of the car to build long tube headers over the next couple of weeks.
2) Figure out where to send them to get them ceramic coated. Reinstall with QA1 upper control arms off of the Regal.
3) Finish up building the TH400.
4) Pull the engine and replace coolant weeping copper head gaskets.
5) Put it all back
6) Figure out which nitrous kit to purchase and install with tax return.
7) Consider changing to 2.75 or 2.50 rear gears.
8) 6 point roll cage?

Reactions: 2 users

Supercharged111

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 25, 2019
Colorado Springs, CO
Gonna rebuild the T56 in my Camaro.

20190412_144257.jpg

As of June something happened and since then I miss 3rd a lot. Not a syncro issue, the shifter just ends up in no man's land. Only thing I can figure is a bent fork or non-existent pads. It's getting the brass syncros upgraded to the carbon style, billet keys, bronze fork pads, steel 3-4 fork, and anything else it needs. The Auburn diff is going in the trash and getting replaced with something that doesn't suck. Also going to try adding a half degree of negative camber out back. Hopefully that gets me a little bit more speed for next year.

• Winner
Reactions: 4 users

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
My w****r project is to keep these fine roads of the Keystone state clear in assigned area in Indiana County. Goal to hit atleast one mailbox for plowing cred. Maybe launch a frozen deer off the shoulder of the road.
Now that you've warmed up with some early storms, have you been able to launch any deer into hitting the mailboxes yet?

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I need to get back at my 100 year old bathroom restoration. I quit when the weather got hot. But first I need to get this rebuilt 4.0 engine back in to the Jeep.. Hopefully I can finish before serious winter sets in. Then I can work indoors.

you must be really dedicated to work on a renovation for 100 years......:oops:

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
Now that you've warmed up with some early storms, have you been able to launch any deer into hitting the mailboxes yet?
None yet, they all are just leaving a mess we got to pick up. But I did launch a raccoon that cleared the guide rail but not a tree next to it.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor