"Wiped-out"

Status
Not open for further replies.

thaeroguy

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 7, 2020
Keep having trouble getting the right side wiper arm to stay mounted securely to post. Keeps "popping up" and almost off of the drive post. Is there a method to secure or to replace what could be worn splines on the keyhole - shaped mounting post? Any suggestions (within reason) will be welcome.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
there is a locking tab on the bottom of the arm that slides under the splined post to keep the arm in place

Screenshot_2020-07-10 78-88 Monte Carlo El Camino Chevrolet Malibu Cutlass Passenger Driver Wi...png

• Agree
  • Useful
Reactions: 5 users

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
G-Body of the Month
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
I find that the rivets on the locking plate become loose, which usually cause the arm to loosen. I find it's usually the side with the square ended shaft.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

thaeroguy

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 7, 2020
there is a locking tab on the bottom of the arm that slides under the splined post to keep the arm in place

View attachment 151495
thx 4 the assist. Original arm would not lock in even though the tab was working - I salvaged another arm from my donor and initially had the same result - but finally was able to get it to lock in and now seems to function "normally" right up to the point of not parking themselves at "rest position" upon shut-off ( a common problem, I'm told). Just glad to have it working, now. Thanks again.

Reactions: 1 user

thaeroguy

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 7, 2020
I find that the rivets on the locking plate become loose, which usually cause the arm to loosen. I find it's usually the side with the square ended shaft.
They were looser than a $2 hooker in a Bangkok red-light district! Tried to pinch them down with minimal success - ended up using a donor arm off of parts car. Thanks for the help just the same. I may try to work with them to see if there's a way to tighten them up in case my donor gives up the goat.

Reactions: 1 user

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
Assuming you have a Monte SS, so you will need black arms (with C18, blacked out trim- fits GN and H/O too).

New GM driver side is p/n 20151254

New GM passenger side is p/n 20301183

You can always paint a silver pair if you have to.

New GM driver side is p/n 2009417

New GM passenger side is p/n 20301182

They have aftermarket versions, but I have no idea of the quality.

Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor