Wiper arm removal

Status
Not open for further replies.

nawlins-tim

Master Mechanic
Nov 9, 2009
New Orleans, LA USA
I've been messing around with several cars in my time, But I'm having trouble removing the wiper arms from my 80 El camino. Without permenant damaging them how do I remove each arm? I tried flipping that small clip and pulling , with no luck. do I need a puller or what. Some qiuck help would be great. Also while you are at it if you have a set of Wiper Arms for sale let me know.

Donutboy97

Greasemonkey
Mar 1, 2010
Rochester NY
Replied back to your PM, let me know if you need anything else

GhettoRacingKid

G-Body Guru
Jul 15, 2010
Im having the same issue...

any help or advice is welcomed.

bill

Royal Smart Person
Jul 11, 2008
southside va/lake gaston
Depends on the wiper arms u are using. But most Gbodies I have seen have a clip holding them on that has to be pulled back while you lift up on the arm. Take and post a pic of your arm where it attaches to the window to show which one you have.

GhettoRacingKid

G-Body Guru
Jul 15, 2010
Im actually looking to take the whole assembly out including the splined mounts.
Its a 79 monte. The driver wiper is what im stuck on

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
push down in the wiper so the clip isn't binding and use a screw driver to pull out the clip

81Regal

Royal Smart Person
Apr 5, 2009
Terril Iowa
pontiacgp said:
push down in the wiper so the clip isn't binding and use a screw driver to pull out the clip
The OP is talking about the arm not the wiper blade.
Lift up the arm slightly by the blade and then the clip will be able to be moved. The arm will come apart from the wiper linkage, may have to gently pry it up with a flat screwdriver.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
81Regal said:
pontiacgp said:
The OP is talking about the arm not the wiper blade.
Lift up the arm slightly by the blade and then the clip will be able to be moved. The arm will come apart from the wiper linkage, may have to gently pry it up with a flat screwdriver.

I know what he is talking about, I was wrong, I was thinking of another system, the arm does have to be lifted for the clip to slide out

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor