wiper mechanism removal

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnn

n00b
May 27, 2020
how to remove wider mechanism from 82 grand prix. Specifically the metal block that the wiper attaches to on passenger side. thanks John

Tony1968

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Jul 1, 2018
NW Indiana
I don't know if your car is different from my 84 cutlass but mine just pulled off if I remember correctly. It's a splined male going into wiper female

84cutlasssupreme

Apprentice
Nov 2, 2019
how to remove wider mechanism from 82 grand prix. Specifically the metal block that the wiper attaches to on passenger side. thanks John
Do you mean the arm that the wiper blade attaches to? Like the other guy said, this arm pulls off by lifting the arm where it bends. It's on a gear spline & you'll need a pry tool to get it loose to take it off. Make sure when you put it back that you line it up to the place it was when you removed it otherwise it'll rest up too high or too low. Mark it before you remove it.
If you're getting to the arm mechanism itself under the cowl, I no longer have the car, so I can't go look to figure out how to remove the cowl section.
You always can google it too.

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor