Wiper motor not getting power?!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 28, 2021
88 cutlass supreme classic. Swapped in 010 385ci sbc. After hooking up c100 I noticed there's no power at the wiper motor. Nothing coming from the bulkhead. Power at fuse box on both sides of the fuse and the white wire going into the switch. I'm completely lost. If the switch is still good can I just run a 12v switched to the motor?

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
If you have power going in on the white wire, then in HI you should have power to the Gray and Purple wires. Dk green gets powered in "OFF" and I think in LO you should have power going to the Pink wire.

I THINK. Someone with electrical skills better check me on that...

Reactions: 1 users
Mar 28, 2021
So if there's no power going through any of the wires besides the white would it be safe to say the switch is bad? Car sat for 8 years finished and I just did first start up a week ago. So now I'm chasing a few electrical issues

Reactions: 1 user

g0thiac

G-Body Guru
Sep 6, 2020
So if there's no power going through any of the wires besides the white would it be safe to say the switch is bad? Car sat for 8 years finished and I just did first start up a week ago. So now I'm chasing a few electrical issues
It could be, but before ruling anything out, you may want to try applying 12V to the motor, and seeing what that does because if that's the issue then time will be wasted, chasing switches.

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
It's possible the switch may be bad. Is it connected on the steery column? If anyone ever fugged around with those wires, it's possible you may have some lost connection(s) there.

Again, I'm not a wire biter, so my electrical knowledge is limited to Ohm's law and knowing a little bit of how to read the GM schematics.

Mar 28, 2021
Its been sitting undisturbed since I built it. I pulled the motor and bench tested it. Powered right up. Like I said earlier.. I have power everywhere needed except coming out of any colored wire from the switch or the bulkhead at the firewall. I'm stumped lol

Mar 28, 2021
It's possible the switch may be bad. Is it connected on the steery column? If anyone ever fugged around with those wires, it's possible you may have some lost connection(s) there.

Again, I'm not a wire biter, so my electrical knowledge is limited to Ohm's law and knowing a little bit of how to read the GM schematics.
I've dropped the column to test wires but the issue was prior

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor