Wiper motor seal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clone TIE Pilot

Comic Book Super Hero
Aug 14, 2011
Galaxy far far away
Looking for a replacement rubber seal for my Regal's wiper motor, can't find the part number for it. All the vendors only seem to sell rebuilt motors, no individual replacement parts.

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
Which rubber seal? What year? CD4 (pulse)? Non-pulse? Does this explosion look like something you have?

Wiper Motor explosion.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: 1 user

Clone TIE Pilot

Comic Book Super Hero
Aug 14, 2011
Galaxy far far away
1987 Regal, I guess it is pulse since the washer fluid pump is mounted in the wiper motor. The part that needs replacing is the rubber boot in the number 5 bracket in the diagram.

Reactions: 1 user

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
The part you seek is part of #5. Your best bet is trying to find an old one from a used unit. The differences in pulse or not comes from the parking switch, pawl, and circuit board. The pulse and non-pulse gear and motor stuff is essentially the same. i.e. all the parts labeled 5 are the same between pulse or not. So if you find the little cylinder washer pump type, the rubber boot is the same. IIRC, there's also a foam/spongy seal that goes around that area that's not listed in the parts book or in the diagrams. I have no idea where you'd get one of those. Some cars may not even have that part, I'm not sure.

Delco sold a gear kit (#5) that included all that crap you see under #5. Discontinued, but if you find one, it should have the boot included along with all the gears. This is found under part number 22039685.

Searching that number in my database of my own parts, I may just happen to have one of those gear kits- somewhere. I have the part listed, group 10.150, but for some reason no location. Jesus H.....Either I sold it or forgot to input the location. I think I might know where it is though...

Excel Parts List Wiper Motor Gear Kit.jpg

Delco also sells the equivalent entire motor assembly under p/n 19179659 if you had to have a motor assembly. You have to transfer your cover with circuit board/wsw pump and parking switch over as well as your rubber boot and any sponge seal. It's just the body, motor, and gears. About 85 bucks with the rockauto discount of 5% and then you have to do a $15 core charge which you get back if you send your old one back in.

• Winner
Reactions: 2 users

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
I hate when I can't find parts that should be able to be found. I managed to find a firewall/foam seal for a 3rd Gen Camaro and Corvette, which, ironically is the same friggin' motor as the G-body, so I don't understand why this wouldn't work. I'm buying one to try just to see if it will work.

GM/Delco part number 20489125. Rockauto.com sells them for $7.43 before discounting.
20489125 firewall seal.jpg

Also, found this rubber boot for a 60s model GM wiper. I do NOT know if it will work. It looks very similar. Made for/by Inline Tube.

http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-5...0001&campid=5335822911&icep_item=191302666786

rubber boot.jpg

Wait a minute. Found a picture of a CD4 G-body motor. That rubber boot shown above may not work. Doesn't look deep enough.

CD4 G-body wiper motor boot.jpg

I make no guarantees for the accuracy/fit, etc. for any parts I look up. I am human and make mistakes. A lot.

Reactions: 2 users

Clone TIE Pilot

Comic Book Super Hero
Aug 14, 2011
Galaxy far far away
I hate when I can't find parts that should be able to be found. I managed to find a firewall/foam seal for a 3rd Gen Camaro and Corvette, which, ironically is the same friggin' motor as the G-body, so I don't understand why this wouldn't work. I'm buying one to try just to see if it will work.

GM/Delco part number 20489125. Rockauto.com sells them for $7.43 before discounting.
View attachment 99636

Also, found this rubber boot for a 60s model GM wiper. I do NOT know if it will work. It looks very similar. Made for/by Inline Tube.

http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-5...0001&campid=5335822911&icep_item=191302666786

View attachment 99637

Wait a minute. Found a picture of a CD4 G-body motor. That rubber boot shown above may not work. Doesn't look deep enough.

View attachment 99638

I make no guarantees for the accuracy/fit, etc. for any parts I look up. I am human and make mistakes. A lot.

Thanks for the help, looks like my choices are either pull a used better shape seal from the junkyard or get a rebuilt motor unit. The rebuilders must be getting replacement seals from somewhere but it seems they are at least no available individually from common part sources.

My motor does not seam to have a foam seal as it just bolts to a open bracket in the engine bay, not into a hole in the firewall.

Clone TIE Pilot

Comic Book Super Hero
Aug 14, 2011
Galaxy far far away
Thanks for the tip. I was able to pull a good seal from a junkyard last month.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor