Wiper motor wiring (toggle switch)

Status
Not open for further replies.

wvumtnbkr

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 14, 2009
Wauseon OH and Latrobe PA
Good Day!

I road race a 78 Malibu. It has none of the original wiring in the car. Occasionally, we race in the rain. I have the wiper motor hooked up to a relay and a switch in the car.

This system worked great for awhile. Recently, the wiper motor stopped working. I went and bought a new one. When I installed that one in teh car, it also didn't work.

I am pretty sure that the 2 "top" tabs on the wiper motor are for power in and ground. That was the way I "remember" it being hooked up. I supply power to the top one and ground to the middle one.

I would like somebody to verify this for me! I have looked at the wiring diagrams and they don't seem to help me (due to the aftermarket wiring).

I only need the highest speed setting. I want the wpers to turn on when I flip the switch. I do not care about the home position or anything else.

The new wiper motor I bought also does not work. I tried hooking 12V up directly to the black and red wires going to the motor. It still did not turn.

Is it possible I got a bum motor? Does anybody have any suggestions?

Thanks!

Rob R.

RITTER

Royal Smart Person
May 26, 2007
Hillsdale, MI
I will be attemping the toggle switch for my wipers as well ... I will be following this thread. Hopefully we get a good electrician to stop by 8)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor