Wiper switch mounting bracket?

Status
Not open for further replies.

elcoJoe333

n00b
Sep 23, 2021
Youngstown
What’s up everyone? I’m new to the forum but not to the Gs. I’ve got an 80 El Camino I’ve owned since 2012, daily drove it for awhile then started heavily modifying it. My question pertains specifically to the washer/wiper switch located in the bezel. I recently upgraded from the sweep style gauges and installed round gauges from an 85 monte (see attachment) I was wondering where I could find the mounting bracket for a NON delay/pulse washer/wiper switch? Any research online just shows the wiper stem on the column, most Montes had the delay switch on the column. Although not common, I’ve seen pictures of the non delay switch in the bezel. Was this an aftermarket thing that’s been done or was that an option? Also wasn’t sure where to post this so I hope this fine

Attachments

• 316A75C5-A593-4691-B61A-D6FAD332B62F.jpeg
    316A75C5-A593-4691-B61A-D6FAD332B62F.jpeg
    199.4 KB · Views: 120

79 USA 1

Royal Smart Person
Sep 2, 2011
Cheektowaga, New York
The headlight/wiper switch bracket used from 78-85 has the provisions for mounting the wiper switch. and should look similar to the unit below. If you don't have this bracket, Mikes Montes as well as Dixie Restorations has them listed as does a few e-bay sellers.
s-l400.jpg
The bezel will only have the factory cut out above the headlight switch on the 78-80 bezels. There is space above the light switch on the 81-85 bezel to cut it out if you feel daring, and the bezel may have an outline in the plastic as viewed from behind for a guide.

This is the wiper switch position on my 79 Monte Carlo.
P1012086.JPG
Hope this helps!

Last edited:

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
The bezel will have the cutout for the wiper switch on 81s ordered with the gauge package as well

And yes, there is a guide on the back of the later bezels for the switch location.

There are 3 different headlamp switch brackets, one for sweep, one for round with wiper switch, and round without wiper switch provision

x1gmMv.jpg

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

elcoJoe333

n00b
Sep 23, 2021
Youngstown
The headlight/wiper switch bracket used from 78-85 has the provisions for mounting the wiper switch. and should look similar to the unit below. If you don't have this bracket, Mikes Montes as well as Dixie Restorations has them listed as does a few e-bay sellers.
View attachment 184273
The bezel will only have the factory cut out above the headlight switch on the 78-80 bezels. There is space above the light switch on the 81-85 bezel to cut it out if you feel daring, and the bezel may have an outline in the plastic as viewed from behind for a guide.

This is the wiper switch position on my 79 Monte Carlo.
View attachment 184281
Hope this helps!
Thank you so much, both of you made it make sense to me.

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor