Wipers motor issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

mickeypowa

Greasemonkey
Nov 19, 2016
Tahiti - French Polynesia
Hi guys!!

My wiper motor stopped working. It was working intermittently for few months. I had a delay motor (green wire) with the integrated pump.
The old one :
20210107_171636.jpg

I bought a new one from rockauto, connected it with the 3 pins connector but it doesnt work.
When I activate the switch, I can hear a little click from the motor ( the relay?) But nothing moves!
I checked the fuse, it is good, I have power on the white central wire on the connector.
But I have 2 red wires on this model, and nothing connected to the 4th pin.
Where should I connect these wires?
Is it a compatible motor or should I buy the same as before ??
The new one :
20210107_171759.jpg

Thanks for your help!!

Mickey

Wageslave

Royal Smart Person
Jan 25, 2017
Hi guys!!

My wiper motor stopped working. It was working intermittently for few months. I had a delay motor (green wire) with the integrated pump.
The old one :
View attachment 166110

I bought a new one from rockauto, connected it with the 3 pins connector but it doesnt work.
When I activate the switch, I can hear a little click from the motor ( the relay?) But nothing moves!
I checked the fuse, it is good, I have power on the white central wire on the connector.
But I have 2 red wires on this model, and nothing connected to the 4th pin.
Where should I connect these wires?
Is it a compatible motor or should I buy the same as before ??
The new one :
View attachment 166111
Thanks for your help!!

Mickey
I think you need to transfer the black cover and circuit board from your old motor onto your new motor. That has all the delay brains in it.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

mickeypowa

Greasemonkey
Nov 19, 2016
Hi!!
Ok I got what you said !! I transfered the board, it was pretty easy!
20210108_181516.jpg

But it still doesnt work!! I have power because the washer pump works!

I noticed the green relay on the board was burnt !! Maybe it is the reason why it doesnt work!!
20210108_184335.jpg

I'm going to buy a new relay, it worth 10 dollars on rockauto! I hope its that !!

Mickeypowa

Reactions: 1 users

GuysMonteSS

Royal Smart Person
May 21, 2011
Kentville,Nova Scotia,Canada
Those cover board/circuit covers will stop working over time.
They are hard to find now and GM discontinued them many years ago.
Guy

bracketchev1221

Royal Smart Person
Jan 18, 2018
I haven’t had good luck with rockauto electronics so I’d try another motor before going crazy. My story is a 2011 pathfinder fan rheostat. Fan went to high speed figured it was toast. Bought one from rock auto and fan worked fine key on. Start the car, high speed only again. Figured it was a defect, got another, did the SAME thing. Now I figure it’s the car. Start ripping into the dash and find some $300 controller. Decided to take it to Nissan because I was time limited. They put a Nissan rheostat in it, issue fixed.

GuysMonteSS

Royal Smart Person
May 21, 2011
Those cover board/circuit covers will stop working over time.
They are hard to find now and GM discontinued them many years ago.
Guy

Maybe you didnt read my post the first time. ^^^
The cover has a circuit board inside it and they will stop working over time.
I've gone through a couple already,so you can take it from there...
Guy

mickeypowa

Greasemonkey
Nov 19, 2016
Hi!
Yes you are right its probably the circuit board ! But what do you recommand? We cant find these anymore...
Screenshot_20210116-133213_Samsung Internet.jpg

I've seen this en rockauto : the return and rebuild. Do you think if I send the motor they would repair the board ?

Thanks

Mickey

GuysMonteSS

Royal Smart Person
May 21, 2011
I doubt that they will fix the circuit board.You could ask I guess..
My buddy Danny is a computer repair techie and he had a similar problem with his old Chevy square body pickup.He took the circuit board off and determined that there was a broken connection and he tried to solder it,but it didnt help.
You could try Mike @ Mike's Montes and see if he has any used motors.Thats what I did last time I had problems with mine;
If I remember correctly,he wouldnt sell me just the circuit board,so I bought a complete used delay wiper motor.
GM only had to carry replacement parts for 10 years and after that time period was up,a lot of stuff was discontinued.
Guy

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor