Wipers not parking in proper location

Status
Not open for further replies.

tkruger

Master Mechanic
May 6, 2015
NY
The wipers on my 87 Monte Carlo LS are not parking in the proper location. They are parking just above the chrome trim at the bottom of the windshield. They used to go down to the stops when they parked. Nothing has been changed, including the blades.

theoldsone

G-Body Guru
Dec 26, 2014
Spray some BP blaster or wd40 on the wiper linkages maybe dirt or rust is causing it to slide rough.

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
Sounds like they are not actually parking. Pontiacgp and Longroof seem to be pretty knowledgeable about these wipers. Maybe they will chime in.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I would take the motor out and take the circuit board off and make sure everything is lubed and nothing is broken. When you take the motor out just remove the top 2 10 mm bolts. Leave the bottom bolt in place and the motor will slide out.

G-boz

Greasemonkey
Jul 13, 2008
CT
There use to be a write up on turbobuick board. I've done the adjustment on my monte years ago, if I remember correctly, you loosen the nut on the wiper transmission arms where it bolts to the motor, drop the arms below where you want them to stop, and retighten the bolt. You may have to do this a few times....

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor