Wipers not working. Help needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elcaminoken

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 5, 2019
I have a 1980 el camino that has non delay wipers,just a switch mounted on the dash. The wipers seem to work when the key is in the run setting (first click after inserting key. But as soon as i start the car it stops working. I replaced the wiper motor and it still doesn't work. Not quite sure what to do or how to do it from here. Any help would be

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I would install a proper switch but if you want that switch to work you'll need to wire it correctly. If the wipers worked in auxiliary it is not a problem with the motor if the wipers stop with the key in run

StandardWiperWasher.jpg

Elcaminoken

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 5, 2019
I would install a proper switch but if you want that switch to work you'll need to wire it correctly. If the wipers worked in auxiliary it is not a problem with the motor if the wipers stop with the key in run

It is the factory switch and wiring for the car. I wish i knew how to read those schematics. I'm gonna do a lil homework on that. There's also got to be a way to test the switch but can't seem ti find out how. It seems like all the info I can find is on the delay intermittent wiper systems. Is there a relay for this system mounted somewhere ? All I've been able to find is the switch and motor. But It's difficult to get a clear look under the dash with a sh*t storm of wires everywhere

StandardWiperWasher.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor