WIRE HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.

69BUCKET

n00b
Apr 27, 2018
NEED SOME HELP IDENTIFYING THESES PLEASE AND WHAT THEY GO TO.

GREEN WIRE W/ SPADE TYPE TERMINAL

BLACK WIRE WITH RUBBER POP ON TERMINAL

3 WIRES TO A PLASTIC CONNECTOR (PART OF WIRING TO ALT. WIRES)

ALSO 2 SMALL VAC LINES FROM A/C SIDE...CAN THEY BE T'D AND SENT TO SAME VAC SOURCE?

Attachments

• 20200330_175255.jpg
    20200330_175255.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 361
  • 20200330_175119.jpg
    20200330_175119.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 284
  • 20200330_175224.jpg
    20200330_175224.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 290
  • 20200330_175738.jpg
    20200330_175738.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 253
  • 20200330_175753.jpg
    20200330_175753.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 327

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
Pic 1-temp switch wire for blade or button type switch
Pic 4-vacuum for hot water/coolant valve
Pic 5-vacuum supply from engine for heater
Need better clarification of wire color for pic 2. Is it the plug or red wire in pic 3?

• Informative
Reactions: 1 user

69BUCKET

n00b
Apr 27, 2018
I already have a temp. Switch wire that is light green...one in pic is dark green.

Pic 2 is a black wire

Pic 3 red wire is cut but part of that connector

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
I already have a temp. Switch wire that is light green...one in pic is dark green.

Pic 2 is a black wire

Pic 3 red wire is cut but part of that connector

Circuit 35- Dark Green- Ground, Engine Temp Switch (Hot), with the white plastic end with the open slot on one side is for your factory temp light/gauge.
The red wire is Circuit 2- Feed, Battery, Unfused is the main power feed to the car's power in the fuse box, alternator, A/C high blower resistior, tape it off with good electrical tape if it won't be used or find out what is missing it's lead as it would be for one of the two alternator wires, the A/C wire or the main power going to the fuse box.
That black wire maybe for the A/C compessor if it's attached to the three wire plug with a light & dark green wire & a red wire. I don't have a pigtail diagram but is represented with a round lead in the wire diagram.
All this is from my '78 Chevrolet Passenger Car Wiring Diagrams manual.

69BUCKET

n00b
Apr 27, 2018
Circuit 35- Dark Green- Ground, Engine Temp Switch (Hot), with the white plastic end with the open slot on one side is for your factory temp light/gauge.
The red wire is Circuit 2- Feed, Battery, Unfused is the main power feed to the car's power in the fuse box, alternator, A/C high blower resistior, tape it off with good electrical tape if it won't be used or find out what is missing it's lead as it would be for one of the two alternator wires, the A/C wire or the main power going to the fuse box.
That black wire maybe for the A/C compessor if it's attached to the three wire plug with a light & dark green wire & a red wire. I don't have a pigtail diagram but is represented with a round lead in the wire diagram.
All this is from my '78 Chevrolet Passenger Car Wiring Diagrams manual.
Thank you, I'll make the dark green one temp switch...what about light green wire with similar CONNECTION?

The red wire is cut but part of the connector. And that connector does come from thick red wires that go to alt. Just wondered what it was for? Cruise maybe?...car doesn't have cruise. There is a connector for a/c I have labeled, but wondered where black wire would go.

Black hose to intake...skinnier white tube also to intake?

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
Thank you, I'll make the dark green one temp switch...what about light green wire with similar CONNECTION?

The red wire is cut but part of the connector. And that connector does come from thick red wires that go to alt. Just wondered what it was for? Cruise maybe?...car doesn't have cruise. There is a connector for a/c I have labeled, but wondered where black wire would go.

Black hose to intake...skinnier white tube also to intake?
That light green wire should be for the fast idle solenoid thay was on the carb & part of the A/C wires.
The 12 gauge red wires from that factory splice would have two wires to the alternater (one for the plug & one for the stud post), one to the A/C harness plug, the there will be the one going to the fusible link at the starter, the the last wire goes to the harness bulkhead connector at the firewall (two red 12 gauge wires go to it & the starter as that second wire does not have any splices in it.)
The black vacuum hose is the intake vacuum feed for the A/C-heater system. That white one will go to the heater valve clamped into the heater hose to the heater core.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor