MALIBU Wire identification needed

slappnutz

slappnutz

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 27, 2018
Hey gang. Been ready and googling for about a good hour now and I still not 100 percent sure on a couple wires under the hood. Car came with engine so I’ve had some issues. I have a 3 wire plug. Brown/green/orange? And a single green wire I can’t be certain. I think the plug is for temp sensor and green wire is for optional a/c? Anyone able to confirm? Thanks

Attachments

pagrunt

pagrunt

Royal Smart Person
Sep 14, 2014
Shelocta, Pa
First picture is the oil light/choke switch (Brown #250 Feed Ign. Sw. on Controlled, Fused; Tan #31 Oil Pressure, Engine; Light Blue #78 Electric Choke Feed). The second since it's single it should be the temp switch wire (Dark Green #35 Ground, Eng. Coolant Temp. Sw.). This is based off an original Chevy engine in the car. Now thee A/C dark green wire (#59 Compressor Feed) would be tied into the compressors two wire plug with the ground (Black #150) & they bothare tied into the A/C harness plug with the red main power wire (#2 Feed, Battery-Unfused).

pontiacgp

pontiacgp

Canadian Prime Minister
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
the white harness with the red and white wire goes to the alternator...

slappnutz

slappnutz

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 27, 2018
Ok. Thanks for the help. Much appreciated!